Need Help from Noobie....

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

fritz

1,000 RPM
My car, ae101 with BT engine..i knew my drive shaft was "dead" as sand has gone in. Normally the "grak grak" sound can be heard durind cornering. But today, i heard a very soft "grak grak" sound wen i accelerate hard on straight road. So...wat i wanna know is..shld i change the drive shaft as soon as possible or its just ok to drive? Thanks!

it seems the drive shaft problem.. but u can use those recond 1..more cheaper than the new 1, but muz change 1 set... if not when u change 1 side, the another side will dead soon too...

how much for a pair of recon drive shaft for BT 20v ar?
and
how much is a new pair?
does this mean need to replace the rubber thingy there also??

wfhan said:
how much for a pair of recon drive shaft for BT 20v ar?
and
how much is a new pair?
does this mean need to replace the rubber thingy there also??

eerm... i din change my drive shaft b4 also.. i juz bought my SEG 3 years ago, until now still in good condition..
the rubber thing there is included 1

I changed the rubber wen i realise there were leakage. But too bad..after i changed both side's rubber..i realise tht sand hav gone in..damn! As i know..a recond one shld be 300+ wit labour. I duno shld i change now or wat. Scare dangerous to drive daily but broke alrdy this month. god..

if the sound getting louder, mean that drive shaft is demanding to be replace...
if u hear carefully, "gak gak gak"...u can hear slightly like "change me...change me"
heeeee...

call your mechanic and ask laa fritz .. ez only maa .. hehehehe

I dun hav specific mechanic la. I ask tom's he sure ask me go ahngah place..LOL!
Mayb next week only replace la..wat i scare is the drive shaft cannot tahan for another week only. hehe!
QIW..ahngah there got re-cond drive shaft for my car anot ar?

half cut, passanger side, RM100, can kowtim summore...

Last edited:
mr fritz .. your car and engine not difficult to get parts one laa .. just give your frenly mech a call a few days b4 u go .. ask him to get all the stuff ready liauu then only u go laa ... no need to waste time maa .. hehehehe
99.99% of the stuff at gemok place there are kedai potong direct .. so what u get depends on your luck laa .. as for me .. i have been using the current set of driveshaft in my car for the last 5.5 years without any probs .. nasib lorrr ..
even reconditioned driveshafts oso have to see nasib lorrr ..
just give him a call .. then make sure he gets the stuff then take a drive there lorr .. ez only maaa .. hahaahahahaa

okok...thank you!! Will call him and c.

One more question...today wen i start my engine, i found out that the engine oil light lights up for abt 2-3secs. I check my engine oil..below the L mark, so i add some in. But the engine oil light still lights up after i started the engine. Apa pasal ar? Just service car 1.5months ago...dang..

engine oil light up normally means tak cukup minyak hitam lorr .. the oil pump detects drop in pressure coz oil not enuff ... the light comes on lorr ..
u rev the car too hard laaa .. haahahaha .. all the engine oil gone thru valve seals or your piston rings start to makan already lorr .. ahahahahahahaaa

Hopefully wont piston ring start to makan..if like tht 1 month service once..hai latt..
I added in some engine oil..its at normal level. So i found out a weird case is wen i stop my engine for 2-3 hours, i start it..the light will be blink twice. When i stop my car 30mins - 1hour..i start my engine..its like normal. WTF?

engine oil belom turun habis into the sump maa .. hehehehe .. some still lingering nearby the top of the engine .. so no need so much pressure to push the oil around .. makes like cukup oil only lorr .. :p
when u free go gemok place for compression test laa .. hahaahahaaa ..

wau.......bro fritz....ur car engine really tiam lar.. driveshaft got sound and engine oil only left little...driveshaft actually not easy broke one unless the rubber is broke and there is leaking of the grease and when spining will suck in the air and sand together...yet polish polish inside.

U can still driving it just only the sound u can't stand for. Or u can ask the mech to clean the driveshaft untill shine shine and put GOOD grease in and see still got sound or not? normally if the shaft gear is abrasion then just replace the driveshaft lor....try check and no need to waste lot of money.

Ur engine oil light up....better be careful lor, if ur engine oil keep on leaking, if not the compression lost and go through valve seal, then must be the cam seal or block seal there wear off already. else u need to buy the cheap cheap oil to refill once everyweek or two weeks time....wish u luck bro...

Brilliant..my rubber broked b4..went to change the rubber..but tht time was too late..sand sudah went in. Unlucky me..will change the drive shaft soon.

As for the engine oil light..its nothing alrd after i added in some engine oil (less than 300ml) for 2 days. Just curious y the first 2 days i add engine oil the light will come out..but the 3rd day its ok.

QIW...apa tu compression test? jst tell gemok wan compression test ar? berapa?

yes .. gemok will know what to do if u tell him compression test .. just to check the compression of your engine laa .. see if rings or seals godo or not good laa ..

Top Bottom