Need good Caldina mechanics..Car difficult to start

Turf Grass

Jan 19, 2007
Need advice from all sifus and if anyone ever had the same problem as mine. I drive 2002 Caldina GT4.Now days I found my GT4 very hard to start. Even worse during morning..I have to crank about 6 times (every crank ending with switch off all, pull key out, put back key in, ON ignition and crank again) to start the engine..if lucky after start, the engine idle like normal (no prob)..but sometimes (normally morning time) even after engine start, it die off again after few second and I have to crank again...I've been to few workshop and check..some mechanic says its because my plug is wet..(I look at it, only little bit wet by engine oil..too little to cause the prob.Even last time when my car was ok, my plug are always a little bit wet and only one plug..the other 3 are all OK..I use TRD spark plug).So I dont think its bcos of the spark plug. Another mechanic suggest to change the fuel pump (Caldina GT4 feul pump=RM1300!!). Maybe the motor is not strong enough to pump the feul from the tank to engine..once the car can start..the feul pump start pumping like normal (although i found it weird ;))

some other mechanic told me maybe its because of the timing valve..maybe a little bit loose (i dunno where is the timing valve honestly..i just angguk ;D).

One more thing i find weird is whenever my car is not moving and the engine is ON and the idle timing was OK, the timing will drop suddenly everytime I turn my steering wheel to right or left.Is like something that the shaft touch everytime it move that make the timing go low (although I dunno what it is)

btw, I just service the throtle body and spark plug, so I dont think its because of that.

Anybody care to share their experiance/opinion or good workshop for GT4 are most welcome because currently I dont know what cause the problem..and living like hell everytime want to start my car. Just waiting for the moment my car die off at the traffic light (touch wood)..

Thanks all in advance...appreciate it

Turf Grass

Jan 19, 2007
thanks bro..really helps..give me some idea on whats actually happen..:biggrin:

AE101-Wong

4,000 RPM
Jul 26, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
my friend faced the familiar problem like u...
after changed the injector, problem solved..
try to check ur injector and see how 1st...

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
change Caldina fuel pump so expensive ar?? Walao eh.... I use the Walbro already enough le...
I do use the 3SGTE as well..

Anyway, you may looking for Tom's... he may guide you

Nov 1, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
I had the same problem on my mazda astina. Turned out the fuel hose wasn't completely air tight, so fuel would evaporate overnight, so the fuel pump had to fill up the hose first before reaching the engine. Resulted in lots of cranking before engine starting.

I know it sounds unlikely, but just double-check all your fuel hose

scottwrx

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2007
i faced the same problem with you after changing to a bigger injector and fuel pump, very difficult to start, once started exhaust will puff black smoke and the exhaust fumes is irritating for nose n eyes.. once i turn the regulator down, then problem solved, mechanic say that the fuel is too rich... if you are facing the same symptom ( puffing little bit of black smoke and exhaust fume is irritating), then i suspect ur engine is running too rich when starting....
anyway that is my experience on this, hope it helps

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
i faced the same problem with you after changing to a bigger injector and fuel pump, very difficult to start, once started exhaust will puff black smoke and the exhaust fumes is irritating for nose n eyes..
That may because of 2 thing...
1. The Ohm of the injector not suitable, and ECU can't recognize that injector.
2. The engine run on too rich situation...

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
That may because of 2 thing...
1. The Ohm of the injector not suitable, and ECU can't recognize that injector.
2. The engine run on too rich situation...
If ohm not correct it will fry your injector driver inside the ecu..
If use stock ecu run with bigger injector,of course it will be too rich from stock.

Turf Grass

Jan 19, 2007
mine is stock..n i got the feeling its nothing to do with injector..or fuel mapping.

no black smoke coming from the tail pipe either..i try to change back to RON97 to see the effect..

davidgm16

Known Member
Dec 20, 2005
suggest to take out the fuel filter and give a check before u decide to change the fuel pump

Turf Grass

Jan 19, 2007
suggest to take out the fuel filter and give a check before u decide to change the fuel pump
thanks man..I'll ask Trial to check first..some say GT4 fuel filter is inside the tank..(not together with the pump) I oso not sure..I'll ask him to check first..

Turf Grass

Jan 19, 2007
Yes...confirm its not a fuel pump issue..filter a bit dirty (ofcoz for 2002 car)so change new one. Pump oso changed to new. It looks like a wiring problem, even the pomen oso not very sure how to solve. Everytime I crank, only few times got 'karen' on the fuel pump socket (check with mentol/LED)..most of the time no respond. thats why have to crank like crazy..

anybody know any good Caldina wireman in particular (or any good wireman for that matters) to try have a look at my ride. so worried now..now cannot even start at all..

thanks for the help

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
Yes...confirm its not a fuel pump issue..filter a bit dirty (ofcoz for 2002 car)so change new one. Pump oso changed to new. It looks like a wiring problem, even the pomen oso not very sure how to solve. Everytime I crank, only few times got 'karen' on the fuel pump socket (check with mentol/LED)..most of the time no respond. thats why have to crank like crazy..

anybody know any good Caldina wireman in particular (or any good wireman for that matters) to try have a look at my ride. so worried now..now cannot even start at all..

thanks for the help
Fuel pump can direct pull the current going, and make the fuel pump when ignition on.. the fuel pump will running and non stop until you off the engine.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello folks!
Here to share with you guys my work on cleaning the interior of this Merc C200 CGi 2010. I got a call from one of my friends a few weeks back who needed some help in cleaning up the interior of his car. At first glance, everything looked pretty clean...however upon close-up..

The door panels had...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience