Looking for Perdana V6 Stepper Motor

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Rex551

Known Member
Sep 11, 2009
Penang
Hi,
I have a Perdana V6 2.0. Lately my RPM meter fluctuates from 1K to below on and off whenever I switch on my air-cond. I got to know that my Throttle Body stepper motor is faulty.

Anyone out there with a stepper motor please call me...

Thanna (012 - 4880253 or mail me at [email protected]

Thanks

Rex551

Known Member
Sep 11, 2009
Penang
I agree JJ.V6. Thanks for the advice...

Just got the same advice from a few others. Right now I'm more interested as to what would have caused the stepper motor to fail ?.

Anyone out there who might know why, please share...

Rex551

Known Member
Sep 11, 2009
Penang
Decided to change the whole throttle body complete with stepper motor already. Anyone who has done this before please share your experience. I need to know what to keep an eye on, so that I can alert my mechanic to "satu kali bikin complete check-up and tuning"....

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
nothing much to keep an eye on bro...
but if possible u could bring back your faulty throttle body...
it could be reconditioned & u could sell it....
but u need someone who knows how to recond it.

Rex551

Known Member
Sep 11, 2009
Penang
Guys,
My Mechanic took out the whole throttle body unit and cleaned it. He Did a diagnostic check and it's confirmed that the stepper motor dah kaput. I was supposed to change the whole throttle body unit but until now haven't got one that I am happy with.

So far I still haven't got a replacement stepper motor, as they are sold together with the throttle body units and not separately. So any of you guys out there who are in Penang and can get a stepper motor for my Perdana V6 throttle body unit, please contact me at 012 - 4880253.

I'll pay for your car wash. Hehehehe

Thanks

Rex551

Known Member
Sep 11, 2009
Penang
Bro,
Just called the contact you provided. Thanks for the info. Will update once the deal is done and the part is fired up...

Thanks Again...

Rex551

Known Member
Sep 11, 2009
Penang
Boys,
I managed to get a replacement Throttle body. But all I did was just swap the stepper motor and my car is now fine. I intend to also swap the TPS sensor and do a complete tuning check at Proton this week. Just for you guys to learn, below is the chronology of my Fluctuating RPM Problem...

Problem Symtom : Fluctuating PRM Meter from 1K to below the moment Aircon is switched on
: Car dies off at gear shift from "P" to "D"
: Jerking and noticeable gear changes during slow drives

What was done : Serviced the Air-con system
: Did a Diagnosis check and confirmed the stepper motor was faulty
: Cleaned the whole throttle body unit

Confirmation : Swapped a stepper motor and problem was solved

Action : Bought a used Throttle body unit as the stepper motors are seldom sold alone
: Swapped the stepper motor

Current Status : RPM Meter is stable,
: Driving is smoother and back to normal,
: Problem solved but car is under monitoring for a month

Future Corrective Acction : I've passed my faulty stepper motor to check if it can be repaired
: What I've heard offline is that the heat from the engine is the
cause of failure
: I've also written to some experts to confirm the actual function of
the stepper motor in the throttle body and what are the known
cause of failures...

I hope my experience will be helpful to you in the future. Also, Thanks to JJ.V6 in particular for plugging me through, to a throttle body unit. If you guys are in Penang make sure to compare the charges among Proton service centres. Different centres charge differently wuo. One Service centre said just to check engine tuning is RM85 while another is RM35. I spent only RM50 for tuning, cleaning the throttle body, swapping stepper motor and re-installation.

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

Nan83,
I must say, your information is completely superb. I haven't checked the ohm value. Myself not so pandai laa. Hehehe.

But once again, thanks alot for your information.

jj.v6

Known Member
Aug 30, 2009
johor baru
wow.wat a report from Rex 551..thanx for the complete information and breakdown...
i hope that will serve as a gud refernce to all of us..thanx rex

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
I agree JJ.V6. Thanks for the advice...

Just got the same advice from a few others. Right now I'm more interested as to what would have caused the stepper motor to fail ?.

Anyone out there who might know why, please share...
I don't know whether the Perdana stepper motor is similiar to the iscv valve of my toyota (1g-gte). I took the unit out and it was full of black soaked soot. I cleaned it with Carb/choke cleaner(Sensor safe) and installed it back . To my suprise , the idle purrs like a kitten at 600 to 650 rpm (with air cond aroun 700 rpm). You can give a try b4 taking out your hard earn $$$.

:biggrin::biggrin:

**Sorry , I didn't noticed that you had solved the flutuation problem.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello..

anyone here know how to install tt...?

any model also can..

i beleive the auto model have more wire than the manual one.. correct me if i'm wrong...

make the instruction simple...

can save me the labor cost...

thank you..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience