Let's talk about Safety Belt

liz@rd

Known Member
Sep 25, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Every now and then , i do read/hear news where driver and passengers flying out of the vehicle in an accident.

1st thing 1st , why would someone just fly out of the vehicle ? Is it that the impact was so strong that it tore off the seatbelt from the pillar or from the frame of the seat ? the answer is probably a "NO" ...

Simple reason , under utilized of a safety feature , in fact the most important safety feature of a car to start of with , people has been asking , shld i get better brakes ? shld i get better brake pads ? shld i get aftermarket brakes that has a stepping stone effect and efficiency in braking ? but does one ever ask himself/herself , do i buckle up ?

fun FACTS of the day ...

- getting thrown out of the car is 25 times likely to die
- airbag wont function unless you buckle up ( i might be wrong on this )
- chances of dying in an accident is reduced to 50% with your seatbelt
- u will break ur hands and legs if u prefer to brace the impact rather than leaving it to the seatbelt to hold you on
- you are a good driver , good driving history but a bad driver will change everything
- at 48km/h when u hit something in front , the impact would be the same as falling from the 3rd floor ...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h-8PBx7isoM&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h-8PBx7isoM&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

so GUYS just buckle up if you still wanna enjoy life ...

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
'fun' facts? haha tenks for the info though

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We will once again be blessed with Mini’s zipping around the dirt tracks of the World Rally Championship next year and their machine of choice has been unveiled at the Paris Motor Show.

The platform of choice is a Countryman S that has been given the full over treatment by the boys at Prodrive. As we mentioned earlier, the team will only be...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience