Just A Thought

obviously, by plonking in a 3SGE it'll cost alot lesser (in terms of monetary investment and time) than to fabricate, custom build and installing a stand alone engine management system to cater for the new setup...

well.. its a weird thing but engine conversions down here cost a fair bit so it would be easier to turbo the existing motor. i could register the st162 with a 3sgte but to get it engineered would be 2500 i could prolly get motor package for 1200,

or i could get a stainless steel manifold made for about 600 and my mate would give me a hi-flowed t28 turbo, hybrid intercoolerkit for about 300

and no celicas down here are considered hair-dressers cars. so no-one modifies them there are a few 3sgte st162s around but not many

yep, alvin mentioned during TTT last nite he found a caldina halfcut 3S-GTE @ 260hp comes with triptronic gearbox for rm2.5k onli de halfcut.. wow!!!! dem cheap!!!

Regards,
Mike

I agree with blackhowling.... 3SGTE have much more potential to be upgraded or left as it is..... not to say if something happens to the engine... you wont have a headache to change anything.... 3S-FTE may cost u more if one customized piston dead*

cast iron manifold or aftermarket from Japan are a safer route to upgrade your manifold... some stainless won't last more than 2 years due to material issues.

Last edited:
hmmm
3sgte manifold on 3s-fe??
and this motor is a fun motor a 3sgte oncoversion is on the way
if i blow the 3sfe up its just more incentive. also was thinkin of st205 conversion i can get one full package for $1000aus