JIC vs HKS vs Tein vs Buddyclub

If u still intend to purchase any of those 2nd hand offers that you can access to at the moment, seems like JIC is the way to go. I personally like the "The ride height is adjustable separate from the spring perch giving you maximum suspension travel at any setting". That's good lah, especially for daily usage. But u still have to consider the damper lah, whether it can support the spring settings that you've chosen, and whether the springs is ok for that particular settings or not. I would rather buy Tein Type HA, since u can go down SG to get it serviced, buy diff strength springs ( for either daily or track duties ), change all the seals, prolly change the oil's weight as well ( good if u want the dampers to be harder or softer ), then get it re - set. Then when I balik Masai, lend me your car for some PG time attack actions lah beh! wei, your post count is same numbers like my old man's plate number, 168, ong lei, can buy toto lehh...

Last edited:
amdfaisal said:
ace79,

Actually i can hear the motor sound when adjusting the damping rate... seems ok la to me but will never adjust the damping rate while moving again la...

was desperate last time... battling this camry down genting so need to adjust damping rate on the fly heheh

hoho...camry lehh...mad job ( kerja gile! ) la bro!

Mazeki said:
TEIN............. RULES>... Go for Tein

see, a lot of ppl go for Tein wan...hehehe...anyway ->

here's what I gathered from 2 US websites, they're selling Type Flex and RA, also RE, which will be the same models offered for us Malaysians, since these units are not modified for this or that country etc, they all come straight from Japan, and with Japan's initial spec / settings / tuning. Type Flex, RA and RE all offer the ability to lower the car without greatly affecting damper stroke travel. I quote from ProStreet Online website [ http://www.prostreetonline.com/buy/tein_type_re_coilovers/ ] : This is the special feature of the full-length adjustment system due to threads on the lower bracket. And this one I quote from Race Inspired website [ http://www.raceinspired.com/pc-2644-20-tein-type-flex-coilover-damper-kit-honda-civic-1992-1995.aspx ]: We have incorporated separate spring perch height and shell case length adjustment, which allows the suspension to retain more stroke and allows for more suspension tuning. Type HA should also offer the same, if it has the same damper body thread design as Flex / RA / RE.

JIc magic is most probably the best among all in terms of material and build up....
but diffult to service coz of its uniqueness build up.... if can also u wont get the original spec and very2 short life time... but then now byk pro service centers maa...
i was using it 2 years back.... even condoms getting advanced now days... try your luck bro..

sry to b offtopic, need a helping hand.....

my RG suspension needs to find a service center for revalving and mayb change of springs(for harder spring rate) anybody has the contact number? thanks in advance!

track day is around the corner.....

TODA said:
sry to b offtopic, need a helping hand.....

my RG suspension needs to find a service center for revalving and mayb change of springs(for harder spring rate) anybody has the contact number? thanks in advance!

track day is around the corner.....

If I'm not mistaken, RS One ( the local company producing licenced local GABs ) can service your adjustables.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom