jic magic Shock Absorber

temptation

Known Member
good evening all taigo, i hv a question to ask. izzit possible camry shock absorber can fix in ae92? cz i hv 1 pair jic magic shock absorber for the rear1.. izzit possible? thx

Actually most shocks can be fitted from any car to another as long as they don't differ too much in configuration. But if you expect plug and play without mod I think it will not work. I have seen many cars using even Nissan Sylvia S13 Cefiro A31 suspension system on Corolla bodies (RWD). Requires mod on knuckle and mounting point. Similarly I have seen LE using AE101 shocks - all possible. Just that if you or your mechanic willing to go all the way to mod them.

My own Starlet KP61 uses Sylvia S13 top mount with Cefiro A31 shocks and knuckle. Rear I use AE86 spring setup and Pajero shocks.....now that's what a real rojak is....

haha...here goes again..

my corona tt132 last time uses,
s13 suspension
s13 top mount (differance is just the bolt size wid my corona. drill the holes bigger)
s13 lower arm ( also bolt difference only.)
skyline knuckle and brakes.
for drag, i use a modded st182 front suspension fit into the same setup. (only difference is the 2 hole where u plug your screw,camber screw to your knuckle need to weld a washer to make the hole smaller as the bolt for s13 suspension smaller,st182 bigger.)

back to topic for ae92....rear suspension... all plug and play in corolla fwd series.... ae111,ae101,LE.....camry tidak ngam.. sorry to say

I use the impreza absorber set for my AE92 le... But it hard like rock! hahaha....

Juz a noob asking, why do u guys rojak ur absorbers? Why not u plug n play aftermarket ones? Any reason? How to know what 'rojak recipe' is best 4 ur set up?
Because im a noob, im just using toyota absorbers on my ae92.. :)

Last edited:
eerr... best answer..
to rojak means getting the value for money...
and it just satisfy the internal needs of modding something..rather than splashing out thousands of dho' for PnP abs....
in other words .. got no money to PNP aftermarket abs.. hahahahahaah

another reason for old school car is... some are designed as normal saloon car....no aftermarket parts available.... have to modify here and there... so that it will accomodate aftermarket parts from other cars...

Rojak is for low budgeted people. If I have tons of cash in my bank of course I would insist on TRD suspension setup all the way. Rojak setup sometimes can be super good if matched properly. But lots of time will be spent looking for orphaned loose parts to build a complete set - and most of the time they are relatively cheap to build

I see.. Ok budget wise is explained.. But what bout the parts itself? How do u know which part suits u? Like i seen here, pajero spring, subaru abs, n the list goes on.. How u guys pick those parts, which is best 4 u? Thru trial n error? Homework?

Trial and error most of the times....most parts have similar dimensions and fitment so it is not that really difficult to work out. For example, who would have guessed a JDM Cefiro A31 knuckle could fit a 1980s Starlet KP series without modification, as if they were made for each other. Some require minor mods, some major ;)

how do we know? when u start to open up alot of cars eventually u can guess....

I see.. Yeah i've heard some toyota engines using renault or peugeot pulley or something.. Its good to know theres people who really know their cars like the back of their hands.. Dats what i call sifus.. Hehe

I see.. Yeah i've heard some toyota engines using renault or peugeot pulley or something.. Its good to know theres people who really know their cars like the back of their hands.. Dats what i call sifus.. Hehe

hahaha... no sifu over here la... Most of us is trial and error only... This call TRD ma...
Toyota Research Development... Hahahaha

Salute to those who knw how to mods their car kaw2 rojak thn become a monster take care off other tht spend big bulks of $$ into their car..:rolleyes:... hwbt at the engine bay ?? did any of sifu here did a super duper rojak thn get a very positive feedback frm DYNO?? :confused:

yeppp...

that's why most of us driving toyotas.. as its parts are inter changeable....ekekekekekek....
most interesting thing happens to me the last time i did a translplant...the GB oil seal wa leaking like hell... looking high and low for GZE oil seal..

at last when to an old uncle spare parts shop..by just looking he said.. aiya got mar.. KE30!!!

Engine wise, its common to rojak.. For example an 'x' block with 'y' heads..
Eg: b16(a) block with typeR cams.
Or 7A series engine with AGE cams..
I wont go into details, such as pistons used in an engine n so on..
If im wrong about the engine 'recipe', dont shoot me! Hehe

Powerfull......... B16(A) block with TypeR cams thn become type R B16(A)????

Top Bottom