Is this light also in strobe light category ?

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
yep, the picture shows LED.

JPJ requires 3rd brake light to be installed at the rear of a vehicle. The installation shall be at the visible area, like top of rear screen, middle, or at rear spoiler location where they are still visible. Typically, 3rd brake lights being installed inside the car last longer and protected, and makes the car visually cleaner.

Location of 3rd brake light below bumper is NOT visible. I find it real funny why so many ppl install their 3rd brake light below bumper, that defeat the purpose being visible in the 1st place. I guess the location below bumper makes their car "look" like F1.
Ppl do it wrongly, yet other ppl follows....

The light source for 3rd brake light, is unspecified. This means that the lamp can be bulb or LED can be used. So long it is visibly illuminated.

rawther

Known Member
Mar 10, 2014
penang
So,it's illegal and need to remove .... Wont Dare to take chances ..kena saman Rm300 ..lol.
Thanks bro

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
The "under bumper brake light" is subjective as illegal or not. Most important, just make sure the 2 rear lamps are working, with the standard 3rd brake lamp functioning.

The "under bumper brake light" is just a simple installation, mounted by a flimsy bracket. if JPJ kacau, just uninstall it on the spot.....so there is no case. Heck, these lights are worth just RM12 these days

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
in short, anything that strobe or blinks towards other road users are very frowned upon by road users and the authorities.

Aesthetics / cosmetics are subjective choices, but as long as it doesn't irritate anyone else, by all means use it.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
strobe lights can be installed and used descreetly......and you dont get too much attention, and less kacau by the authority.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Third brake light should not be blinking and should be visible not for the car behind but two to three cars behind like mentioned by bro. Waiora.
Fitting to anywhere lower then rear windscreen defeats the purpose....

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
in short, anything that strobe or blinks towards other road users are very frowned upon by road users and the authorities.

Aesthetics / cosmetics are subjective choices, but as long as it doesn't irritate anyone else, by all means use it.
Tom, not necessarily. The jokers are issuing summons to folks with DRLs. They said these are classified under "fancy" or something. The DRLs I'm talking about is those mini LED bars that people put in their bumper vents or slots. Not those in the headlight.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Tom, not necessarily. The jokers are issuing summons to folks with DRLs. They said these are classified under "fancy" or something. The DRLs I'm talking about is those mini LED bars that people put in their bumper vents or slots. Not those in the headlight.
LED bars also illegal from what I was told. Cuz they say is not OEM therefore summon. :listen:
Audi/BMW/Mercs OEM so legal.

Aiya more like cari pasal to me

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
I read somewhere someone was surprised about DRLs being seen as strobes during one of the recent road blocks as well. Either the officers are milking on uncertainties or they are in fact uncertain. Isolated case i hope

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I read somewhere someone was surprised about DRLs being seen as strobes during one of the recent road blocks as well. Either the officers are milking on uncertainties or they are in fact uncertain. Isolated case i hope
Uncertainties for sure. Besides, if uncle JPJ is telling you this is a strobe and therefore illegal, you and I both know what exactly he's after.

JPJ fellas are not ignorant people, some if not all are very well versed with modified cars and parts and all!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
This illegal that illegal, when you pop up those hoods on those JPJ officers' cars...u see all sort of illegal mods...

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
This illegal that illegal, when you pop up those hoods on those JPJ officers' cars...u see all sort of illegal mods...
funny that jpj never raid on shops selling strobes, HID, tints, etc......while they say it is illegal when installed to a car.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys for Myvi 1.3 Auto what is the best extractor for it? is it 4-1 or 4-2-1? Sifu sifu please advice. And also what muffler to use? Thank you
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience