Installing leather seats - how to?

edgar_raphael

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
All I know is, the rear seats fits perfectly when you swap from a non-leather cloth trim to the leather options.

However, the front seats are a bit different. I am not sure if they will actually fit directly, but the leather seats are electrical powered, while the cloth ones are manual.

So has anyonehere swapped them before? Does the front seats swap directly and how do you connect the wires?

Ed

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
hi ed...r u doing it urself?
most of us here send to shops to get them leathered.

anyway, we dont have electrical seat in Malaysia for a32 so cant really give comment. but try to disconnet ur battery, then search for plugs under d seats...should be able to unplug n take out ur seat n then fit the leather covers.

edgar_raphael

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
Hi Ong

I was referring to swapping the non-leather seats of the A32 30G to the leather seats from A32 30GV.

The cloth-trim seats from 30G is a mechanical manual adjusted, while as the leather seats option from A32 30GV are electric version.

So I am wondering if it is a direct swap for the mounting bracket, and how can I connect the electricals to the A32 30G which I don't think will have the plug in the first place.

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
sorry...my bad....
well, if its from a32...then all the mounting bracket will b the same....u just need to connect the wires to any life wire behind ur dashboard. everything is under the seat...just need current to power it up...cheers

edgar_raphael

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
haven't got it yet because I need to make sure they actually fit and will work. AUD$300 whole set with 4 door panels

edgar_raphael

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
by the way, does anyone know if there is ever any A32 models with the front clear headlights? Or do they only started to appear in the later A33? Any clear headlights (or commonly called 'crystal' headlights) that can fit an A32?

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
we do have crystal headlights in Malaysia...its on the last gen of A32...
something like this:

in japan...they even have smoked version!
similar to this

but the colour like metallic light grey...not totally black...the pics shown r taken from a taiwan auction site...they have plenty of A32 stuffs...

check this out: (but its in Mandarin)
a32 ·j´Mµ²ªG: - Yahoo!©_¼¯©ç½æ

its a 1-piece type...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Greetings guys!

I'm driving a 4G92 SOHC stick tranny, just need some advise on the engine oils that is ideal for my driving style, was currently using ELF Semi-Syn 10-30. Going to change the engine oil soon. Just need some advise from you guys.

- Visiting Uncle Lim at least 2 times per month, daily driven to work daily 15km per day. Always hit 6k RPM. Oil changes based on month not mileage, around 4-5 months once, odo clock around 3k per oil changes. No oil leak visible, and I still...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience