IACV Tak..Tak Sound.

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Lawcc

Known Member
After cleaning the IACV (and TB, and MAF as well), I can hear Tak...Tak sound from IACV, is it normal?

But it is so smooth and responsive now.

After cleaning the IACV (and TB, and MAF as well), I can hear Tak...Tak sound from IACV, is it normal?

But it is so smooth and responsive now.
My wild guess would be hi
Hidraulic lifters i guess. Sorry u can't do adjustments.

bro did u dismantle the iavc yourself? would like to service -tps,iavc & maf myself also. Did u use maf cleaner for the 3 parts or throttle body cleaner?

Attachments

• 07-01-06_2040.jpg
    07-01-06_2040.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 119
I bought Throttle Body cleaner and bring it to my mechanic to clean TB, IACV and MAF. After back home, I dismantle again IACV to unscrew the the internal part and clean again (mechanic just clean from outside after dismantle).

Don't think need to clean TPS. and beware of rpm upside down if you dismantle TPS. You need scanner to make sure it is at the right position when fixing back.

don't think need to clean tps. And beware of rpm upside down if you dismantle tps. You need scanner to make sure it is at the right position when fixing back.

thanks for the info bro. By the way how's your car now?smooth running , no more stalling ?

i did clean dat ting b4...but it oni helps minimise da "near engine stalling" problem.

i got engine stalling problem once da engine is running under normal temputure...da enigne seems to stall when da gas pedal is release.

thanks for da pics :)

Engine stalling still happen, but once in the blue moon. So now looking at changing the MAF.

My FC now is terrible...last 2 pumps (full tank) gave me only 300km. Used to get 400km.

LAWCC: yo ride 3.0?

my 2.0 can give me 6XXkm on city driving n 8XXkm on hiway. still finding ways to get more km since da fuel gone up.

mine is 2.5.

How old is your car? I can't believe you get that impressive FC. How you make it? 6xxkm may be is achievable for me if 100% highway.

LAWCC: yo ride 3.0?

my 2.0 can give me 6XXkm on city driving n 8XXkm on hiway. still finding ways to get more km since da fuel gone up.

That is impossible , its like driving a hybrid vehicle! I don't think that a new vehicle can even achieve that kind of mileage .

sb3, can if you have bigger fuel tank :)

Lawcc, did you check the knock sensor? cause that also will cause fuel problem. You can try MAF first, since its a easy fix, do clean the maf before install.

Thanks.. weikee...

Knock sensor replaced 1~2 years back. So far no error code from any sensor. Have replace MAF from chop shop (though my MAF looks normal, the voltage within the range). So far the stalling not recur yet.

Still monitoring... Hope it can solve the stalling and FC issue.

sb3, can if you have bigger fuel tank :)

Lawcc, did you check the knock sensor? cause that also will cause fuel problem. You can try MAF first, since its a easy fix, do clean the maf before install.

wei kee, i believe that his 2.0 fuel tank is the same size if not smaller than the 3.0L. He would not be able to fit a bigger tank ie 3.5l to4.5l (nissan's Q45) unless massive mods done to the rear undercarriage which is quite costly and ultra rare in Malaysia.

Last edited:
my 2.0cc can give me above 550km, some time 557km to 560km, about RM 160.00 to RM 165.00
for me it's good already for a 2.0cc

i got dis kinda respond evelitime i mention abt my fc.
70l fuel tank X rm2.7 = rm189
full tank can run an average of 65xkm on city which is = 0.29cent per km <--- sound reasonable?

sb3: 6xxkm per tank it is IMPOSIBLE for u yeah

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom