• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
How To Change A Tyre

You are driving to that important meeting when suddenly your car begins to weave and bob like Cassius Clay. You guessed it, you just blew a tyre! Never mind that you let the roadside service lapse. You can change it yourself! Just make sure these steps are handy and your car will be up and running in no time.

Things You'll Need
- Spare tyre
- Flashlight (for changing a tyre at night)
- Car Jack
- Lug Wrench

Step One
Pull off as far from the road as possible in a safe area where you will have plenty of room to work. The spot should be level with solid ground. Sometimes this may not be possible. For example if you are on the highway, try to pull as far onto the shoulder as possible.

Step Two
Deploy your emergency brake and turn on the hazards. Set out safety flares or cones if you have them. Then take out the spare jack and wrench from your trunk.

Step Three
Take off your hub cap (if applicable) and loosen the lug nuts. Use your wrench to give the nuts half a turn counter clockwise. If this is too difficult try forcing the wrench down with a foot or hitting it with a rock. To avoid an accident, do not remove the nuts completely from your tyre.

Step Four
Place your jack under the car frame. If you are unsure of where the frame is, find your owners manual for instructions. The frame is usually located just in front of the back tyres and behind the front ones.

Step Five
Begin by raising the jack slowly until it is in contact with the frame. Then jack your car up until the wheel is approximately six inches off the ground.

Step Six
Remove the lug nuts and put them in a place where they won't scatter or get lost. Then remove your tyre, pulling it straight off the wheel base.

Step Seven
Place the spare onto your wheel base by aligning the holes on your spare with the lug nut posts. Make sure the air valve is facing outward and push your tyre all the way onto the base until it stops.

Step Eight
Screw on your lug nuts. The nuts should be tight enough to keep your spare on. However, avoid tightening them completely until your car has been safely lowered.

Step Nine
Use the jack to lower your car until it rests on the ground then remove it from underneath the car.

Step Ten
Tighten the lug nuts with your wrench beginning with the first and then tightening the one across (or opposite) it. Continue tightening this way until all nuts are as tight as humanly possible.

Step Eleven
Put all of your tools back into your trunk. Check twice to avoid leaving anything behind then go get that tyre fixed!

Happy Motoring

SakuraGuy
Zerotohundred.Com

m@ttz

1,500 RPM
May 7, 2006
klang
hazard light really important, nearly hit a gen2 last 2 days at port klang, stupid person!!! changing tire at roadside during night without any sign/hazard light...!!!

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
Alternative Step
For girls, "Hello? Darling ar, my tyre burst burst liao. Come help me change it la, I very the scared scared la. Later i give you fark fark, ok?"
or for those who don't have darling,
"hey, how r u, my dear? My tyre burst burst liao. Come help me change tyre ler. I scared scared la. Then after that, I give you fark fark, or suck suck (if she's having period), ok?"

For guys,
diu... change it yourself la. You ain't whinners or wussies la. Don't have spare tyre? Take taxi home la.

hahaha

m@ttz

1,500 RPM
May 7, 2006
klang
nice chick no need la, just stand next to her car, 1-2 mins surely someone stop, giv help n later need help, hehehe...

QuickRide

Known Member
Aug 31, 2007
Haha.. just remember dont let this happen to you:

[youtube]6euZtHGLJgY[/youtube]

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
nice chick no need la, just stand next to her car, 1-2 mins surely someone stop, giv help n later need help, hehehe...
wah... i bring out a glock, then I pop the girl. Then leave a note on her head that says, "learn something, or be nothing"
buahaha

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
mattz,
hahaha The world has turned it's table and the way to solve things in malaysia is through violence, injustice, corruption, bribery, etc. as has been shown by the mainpeople of the country. woo hoo! Bring out `em double sided axes, broad swords, steel flails, and all that you'll have fun with! yee haa ! We're all in cow boy town!

QuickRide

Known Member
Aug 31, 2007
mattz,
hahaha The world has turned it's table and the way to solve things in malaysia is through violence, injustice, corruption, bribery, etc. as has been shown by the mainpeople of the country. woo hoo! Bring out `em double sided axes, broad swords, steel flails, and all that you'll have fun with! yee haa ! We're all in cow boy town!
s95, since u are cow boy time to get a horse that can do this >> :burnout: :biggrin:

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
quickride,
hahaha I will get a super huge horse that pulls containers. Then that horse will run over lots of `em pig brained rempits. yee hah! hahaha

QuickRide

Known Member
Aug 31, 2007
s95, u mean we gonna have new market for tin can ar? if can go get that horse asap. after the horse run over them we sell it to tin factory get 'kaching'

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Beading Effect for KKE Thick Wax -

When water is sprayed on a normal car surface, the water would generally form a film and remain on the car paint and would probably dry on the car. The water drying on the car has several problems like leaving water spots, dirt dryin on the car etc. Even harmfull effects of bugs, tree saps, road film harms your car paint and its finish.

An unprotected car paint would probably have a water film.

KKE Thick Wax is to be applied by hand using a wax...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience