how does it feel driving a skyline??

raining

Known Member
Oct 7, 2006
kuala lumpur
I'm currently owning a honda S2000 and Evo 7.5,i'm planning to get a GTR 34. So hoping someone could tell me the different driving a skyline compare to my current ride.

kaminari

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Taiping
wau nice car u have!

S2k - NA MID FR
Evo - Turbo 4WD FF Base Inline-4

GTR34 - Turbo 4WD FR Base Inline-6

So comparison more realistic on Evo.I would say an Evo is response and gud torque feeling at low till mid rev (1-3 gear).Skyline was known for high speed stability(heavy chassis) and mid - high rev (3-6 gear) torque.U will feel much G and the car still can pull between tht range

why not u ride the car 1st and sharing wth us ur comment? :)

ps: Evo7.5 is tht auto car GTA version?

Last edited:

raining

Known Member
Oct 7, 2006
kuala lumpur
yes,GTA is auto 5 speed with triptronic version. And you are right,evo gives feel on 1-3th gear,after that i don't really feel much. Is there any way i can try a skyline before i purchase it?

pageda36

Sep 10, 2006
there is just so much difference,i have an evo 8, 350z n just bought a r34. so far among all the cars i have driven, nothing compares to the r34. : )

fred_soo_88

2,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2006
there is just so much difference,i have an evo 8, 350z n just bought a r34. so far among all the cars i have driven, nothing compares to the r34. : )
elelaborate more bro.... why among those 3 u say GTR34 is the best

joethurr

500 RPM
Sep 11, 2007
wow... are cars really cheap and easy to own and maintain... or am i just poor? 3 JDM sports cars? both pageda36 and raining on his way to purchase his 3rd jdm sports car.... kinda envy you guys :)

raining

Known Member
Oct 7, 2006
kuala lumpur
i tested 350Z before,is powerful and good torque,but still not enough compare to evo. I have never tested a skyline,how is the fuel consumption? bro

pageda36

Sep 10, 2006
sorry for the late reply.about fuel consumption,i guess most jdm cars are about the same rm10 can go about 25km for short distance and about 35 for long.of course its the way we drive.difference ar...erm...handling,acceleration,i also love the engine sound.i guess i am not good at eleborating la hehe. wanna know more u really need to test drive it lor.

farizio

Known Member
Nov 26, 2007
KL
you're in luck.... i just test drove my (relatively) stock GTR Vspec II against my friends new Evo 8

i was running on 0.8 bar and he was running 1.3 bar.... both cars close to stock

the GTR is hands down the faster car, with the stock twin turbo setup... and you will really feel the G forces... all the chicks who has been in my car sure scream or terus shut up when pulling out of a toll heh heh heh....you wont feel as much G in the EVO as you do in the GTR

but at 200kmh the GTR doesnt feel as fast as the EVO, maybe because its heavier or maybe because its more stable at high speeds.... but i like this since i feel more confident at high speeds in the GTR...before you realise, you're doing 240 already

handling wise, EVO wins around the corners la i would say....GTR's are a little tail happy in corners, its RWD first remember, and the front tires only come in under throttle so if your telor besar then the GTR is very rewarding. If i had done what my friend was doing with his EVO that night in my GTR, sure masuk longkang already. but i guess this is mostly to my lack of skills in corners and my smaller sized nuts compared to my friend hahaha

so go test drive a GTR first la, theres one in the forum for sale, a nice bayside blue Vspec.... trust me, you will end up buying it hahaha

cheers

learning86

Known Member
Oct 9, 2004
sorry change abit ... how bout the felling GTT (A) and Evo 7.5 GTA ??? wit 1 is better ???

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
GTT i tested with my scooby b4....its an auto, i think acceleration wise....slow compared to vspec....

alvinT

Known Member
Jan 3, 2008
well GTT and evo7.5 were both great car to drive..but i believe it's all up to u whether u wan a 2-door car or a 4-door car??depends on ya purpose and usage of the ride u planning to get..if compare in terms of performance wise..i would said GTT will be slighty better compare to evo7.5..correct me if i'm wrong..if u r looking for comfortable ride for daily basis i believe evo will get the one..end of the day it's all up to ya heart whether are u keen to be an skyliner or evo-rians..the choice it's up to you..to know more it's best u go test drive both..then u will know the difference..
good luck in ya search for ya ride bro...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Does anybody know how to take off this part off???i've tried many times but failed...just unscrew 2 screw under the radio but nothing seems to loose..can anyone help me???:adore:

Mine is GEN 2 1.6 automatic...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience