HOnda Prestige Alarm systems.

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

mcdieyGSR

Known Member
Dec 12, 2004
Friends,

Im having honda EJ8, currently my Alarm systems down due to both units of my alarm are faulty..but the head unit still working. I'm looking a place to duplicate my alarms as originally by prestige. As far for those accessories shop can duplicate only with others brand....and if some1 have done this b4 how much it will cost? pls help me out!..thanks hondarian prenzz!!!:tee: for ALL....

hattech-v

Over 10,000 RPM!
Oct 10, 2004
Seri Kembangan
www.avantech.com.my
last time i oso tried to replace the remote unit... i went to several HSC but they all said it was not available anymore...
finally have to get another alarm system... but the key remain using the flip one...

mcdieyGSR

Known Member
Dec 12, 2004
Hmm....if like this i have to upgrade my Alarms systems.....last choice duplicated with 3rd party alarm lol, thanks for your reply hattech-v..:wink:

EG8

2,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
KL
www.surfer-girl.com
mcdieyGSR said:
Friends,

Im having honda EJ8, currently my Alarm systems down due to both units of my alarm are faulty..but the head unit still working. I'm looking a place to duplicate my alarms as originally by prestige. As far for those accessories shop can duplicate only with others brand....and if some1 have done this b4 how much it will cost? pls help me out!..thanks hondarian prenzz!!!:tee: for ALL....
bro
for around rm1K u can get a level entry VIPER alarm system already.radiostar also have some good reviews from the owners.
cheers

mcdieyGSR

Known Member
Dec 12, 2004
Thanks bro eg8 for your advise, anyway soon i will get radiostar. Looks like they having really good systems there!...so many function available.:biggrin:

camp

Known Member
Mar 22, 2006
do anyone know honda flip key can be duplicate or not? coz i got 2 way alarm install and the flip key some, to much for my poket

especko

Oct 9, 2004
i tried enquiring HSC about the keys too. they told me that prestige alarm systems are implemented on those Civic that are assembled by Kah Motor and it's already out of production, so they do not have any spare parts or replacement for them already. they recommended me to change to a Cobra alarm system as used in those current Civic models. the price tag is about 1K++. i asked some accessory shop as well and they told me the keys can be duped too. can someone confirm?

Last edited:

evoX2

1,000 RPM
May 11, 2005
KCH
dont ever use cobra, it have lots of problem *hint*hint* toyota stock is cobra system....

evoX2

1,000 RPM
May 11, 2005
KCH
cobra will have some issue with certain car, esp the immobilser, suddenly wont be able to start the engine.

^Dreamerz^

1,500 RPM
Jan 16, 2005
KL,AmPang..
Visit site
i'm also using prestige.. by kah motor
my alarm sounds only when i lock n unlock the car..
else, it doesn't... even when i open the door during lock mode..

very sick of my alarm as it was not taken care by previous owner..
1) keys hard to take out from ignition
2) sometimes some doors remain unlock or remain lock
3) remote need to open to play wif the board as i think electronic parts are loose
4) spare remote worse, as the button is detached from the board

headache..
any recommendation?
heard of radiostar which is quite value for money, how bout others? prefer an alarm wif immobilizer, remote start, sensitivity control..
extra like screens, trunk release, etc. i dont mind =D

hattech-v

Over 10,000 RPM!
Oct 10, 2004
Seri Kembangan
www.avantech.com.my
i'm using truguard with anti-hijack and remote start but oso got more function that can be done with it. the remote unit very good since its very tahan lasak n water proof. sumore its small and the remote distance is quite long...
cost me 1k.

^Dreamerz^

1,500 RPM
Jan 16, 2005
KL,AmPang..
Visit site
hattech-v said:
i'm using truguard with anti-hijack and remote start but oso got more function that can be done with it. the remote unit very good since its very tahan lasak n water proof. sumore its small and the remote distance is quite long...
cost me 1k.
issit wif screens? is there a site or link whereby i can view the product?

1k+ or 1k below? hehe :regular_smile:

Trimble

Known Member
Sep 29, 2006
mine using tennon 2 way alarm system. used 3 years already. multifunction; got antirobery, calling mode, open trunk (not utilise to my car) and autostart. This unit can adjust the sensitivity alert as well depend on ur convinience. all kid at my neigbourhood really enjoy to sabotaj my car. They will kick my tyre the enjoy the sound. Cilakak! Sometime i got temper mental u know. Neway got advantage n disvantage. Last time bought almost 1k. now cheaper.

But after install auto timer, i cant lock the door untill auto timer off. So anyone can tell the solution. Everytime have 2 wait. Mie, u got an idea...expert maaa

hattech-v

Over 10,000 RPM!
Oct 10, 2004
Seri Kembangan
www.avantech.com.my
^Dreamerz^ said:
issit wif screens? is there a site or link whereby i can view the product?

1k+ or 1k below? hehe :regular_smile:
its one way alarm only...
try search google using keyword truguard...
1k ngam ngam include installation...
so many thing u can control using ur remote.. got 12 or 16 channel if not mistaken... but cannot control ur car like knight rider car laaa... hwheheehe.. jk

hattech-v

Over 10,000 RPM!
Oct 10, 2004
Seri Kembangan
www.avantech.com.my
Trimble said:
mine using tennon 2 way alarm system. used 3 years already. multifunction; got antirobery, calling mode, open trunk (not utilise to my car) and autostart. This unit can adjust the sensitivity alert as well depend on ur convinience. all kid at my neigbourhood really enjoy to sabotaj my car. They will kick my tyre the enjoy the sound. Cilakak! Sometime i got temper mental u know. Neway got advantage n disvantage. Last time bought almost 1k. now cheaper.

But after install auto timer, i cant lock the door untill auto timer off. So anyone can tell the solution. Everytime have 2 wait. Mie, u got an idea...expert maaa
i'm not expert haha... uninstall the vibration sensor... hehe
the problem with the timer can be solved i think... last time i'm using time with the alarm no problem.
i think it just a matter of the wiring... can be modified...
my acc shop at banting shud know how to do that...

amdfaisal

4,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Bawah jembatan
one way... from ur remote to the car only... one way communication
two way... remote can communicate to the car then car can communicate back to remote...

^Dreamerz^

1,500 RPM
Jan 16, 2005
KL,AmPang..
Visit site
ooohhh i c
thanks for the explanation..

saw truguard ad in hypertune.. interested in their tru800r, wats market price for it??

^Dreamerz^

1,500 RPM
Jan 16, 2005
KL,AmPang..
Visit site
looking for alarm system now.. since my prestige alarm system isn't working well.. i need a 2-way alarm wif LCD, preferably less than 1000... any opinion or suggestions??

i've seen the steelmate selling in this forum.. how issit? anyone tried?
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=136174
priced only for RM400+, it seems really worth it..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear All Sifu.

Good day.
I would like to seek for all of your help to get the confirmation for this color code.
Hope all the paint expert from ZTH able to assist me on this :adore::adore::adore:

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience