Honda Inspire 1997

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

inspire07

Aug 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Hi all,

I'm new here to zth. I've had my 97 inspire for a while now, but can't find a place to source for information about this model, so am hoping that honda enthusiast here can help me out...

Cheers..

Sato

2,000 RPM
Jul 28, 2004
Hi all,

I'm new here to zth. I've had my 97 inspire for a while now, but can't find a place to source for information about this model, so am hoping that honda enthusiast here can help me out...

Cheers..
Wow, 3.2 litres sohc engine ? How much roadtax ar ? Heheheee...

inspire07

Aug 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Sato : No lah...just a 2.5 SOHC engine..

amdfaisal : thanks dude. The link is similar to my model..

bien335 : its just a 2.5. Registerd as a 2.0 tho because JPJ INSISTED that it was a 2.0 instead of 2.5 when we first brought it in frm Japan. Decided not to argue with the JPJ officials... :-)

Its difficult to find spare parts for this car. Some problems i have with the car now are:
1)The aircond electronic display/control is busted, so trying to find a replacement.
2) Rough gear shifting. Changed the gear sensor already (second hand). Its better now, but does't solve the problem entirely.
3) The acceleration feels sluggish, not like before. Could it be due to the rough gear shifting problem?

Anyone know where to find lowering springs for this model?

Thanks guys..

bulet

500 RPM
Oct 24, 2006
Cheras
this car marvelous man....my japanese fren had this car back when we were study dulu...just make it lowered n u have yankee style car huhu

lando88

Jul 13, 2009
welcome new inspire members, but mine is 92 model accord inspire..using 2.0 engine g20a.
but i think urs is g25a same with vigor.

-cheap halfcut part's is in puchong perdana n kepong.
-lowered spring?..hmmm i also don't know weather can find dis car adjustable spring.

cheers

inspire07

Aug 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
bulet : Yeah, it is a good car. Just difficult to find parts tho :-P

amdfaisal : Thanks for the info dude. Do they have a website?

lando88 : Thanks! You mentioned about cheap halfcuts shop in kepong, which part of kepong? Gearbox not working properly anymore, changed the gear sensor twice already (2nd hand). The electronic AC going nuts too. Workshop said i need to change the entire AC control panel. Where to find la..? :-(

amdfaisal

4,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Bawah jembatan
i don't think they have a website... give them a call but prepare the list of parts you want. they are quite busy so they will not be able to entertain u much if you don't have details. the best thing to do is to go there urself and then browse thru their catalog... if they have inspire catalog... i think they should

lando88

Jul 13, 2009
i just come back from gombak after changing my brake disc...this shop can help u alot...just near batu cave.. i forgot the address...later i check for u.

USJ101

Known Member
Aug 1, 2009
Selangor
welcome new inspire members, but mine is 92 model accord inspire..using 2.0 engine g20a.
but i think urs is g25a same with vigor.

-cheap halfcut part's is in puchong perdana n kepong.
-lowered spring?..hmmm i also don't know weather can find dis car adjustable spring.

cheers
Lando,

Is it difficult for you to find interior or exterior part for your CB5 ka?

lando88

Jul 13, 2009
right now only can find few things for exterior, but for interior abit hard to find out.

inspire07

Aug 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Hey guys..

I'm looking for the front bumper of my '97 Honda inspire..pretty urgent :-(. Anyone has an idea where can i search for it?

I'l try calling LHS as suggested by amdfaisal.

lando88 - which part of kepong is the shop at?

Any other place other than those mentioned by amdfaisal & lando88?

Thanks guys!

USJ101

Known Member
Aug 1, 2009
Selangor
You can try Hingan Auto ( Honda Authorized Sparepart ).
They do speical order for customer.

03-9222-3311, 9221-8828, 9222-8868

inspire07

Aug 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Hi All,

Just nak update all. I went to Takat Suki Toso last weekend to find parts for my 97 Honda Inpire and they have the parts that I need!! Woohoo..!! Kepada sesiapa yg nak cari parts utk honda yg pelik2, this is a good place to search for it... :-)

Now, tengah nak carik lowering spings for my 97 honda inspire. Anyone know kalau honda accord punya springs boleh masuk kat inspire?

Thanks!!

sunder

Sep 18, 2010
johor
Hi bro, happy to see inspire lover, I also an inspire owner, mine 97 cb5 model but swap with 3.2 v6 engine tuned with e-manage, very powerful bro...
Ok, to low your inspire, you can use Honda accord sv4 sport spring....it can fit inspire very well as I did.
I have tried sm4 sport spring, it fit pretty well but had very bad road holding...
If you want complete bodykit for your inspire(brand: value sport) let me know..Tq.

inspire07

Aug 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for your reply Sunder. Thats very helpful information.
3.2 V6?! Whoa....!!
I can't lower the car at the moment because I had the wheels replaced and now the tires (225/40/R18) are rubbing the wheel arches :-(. I'm gonna have to wait till I get the arches rolled in before I can lower the car...

sunder

Sep 18, 2010
johor
Bro where can I find Honda inspire cc2 (g25a) halfcut...
Bro, can I have the Takat Suki taso address and tel no. Pls....Tq bro...

A Post Every 5 Mins

Kindly help my friend , if spotted please contact the number in the pic.

Range Rover Evoque 2 Door

White Colour

Number plate : NAP 8

Last seen in Kuchai Lama
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience