Highest octane pump fuel:V-power racing?

todak

Sep 29, 2006
hi bro gobiz, your rb26 runing 600 bhp or just the turbo rating can take up to 600 bhp (twin hks )right? people over here using ron 95 for 500/600 hp no problem, i been runing ron 95 my engine ok

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
hi bro gobiz, your rb26 runing 600 bhp or just the turbo rating can take up to 600 bhp (twin hks )right? people over here using ron 95 for 500/600 hp no problem, i been runing ron 95 my engine ok
Gobiz dun play with RB26 no more.. Big balls require big engine.. LOL

E-CB3 - 666

Emperor
Apr 25, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
The RON and MON of n-heptane and iso-octane are exactly 0 and 100, by definition. The following table lists octane ratings for various other fuels.[5][6]
Fuel RON MON AKI
hexadecane < -30
n-octane -10
n-heptane (RON and MON 0 by definition) 0 0 0
diesel fuel 15–25
2-methylheptane 23
n-hexane 25 26 26
1-pentene 34
2-methylhexane 44
1-heptene 60
n-pentane 62
requirement for a typical two-stroke outboard engine[7] 69 65 67
Pertamina "Premium" gasoline in Indonesia 88
n-butanol 92 71 83
n-butane 91
"regular" gasoline in Australia, Canada and the US 91–92 82–83 87
Pertamina "Pertamax" gasoline in Indonesia 92
Shell "Super" in Indonesia 92
Pertamina "Pertamax Plus" gasoline in Indonesia 95
Shell "Super Extra" in Indonesia 95
ExxonMobil Avgas 100[8] 99.5 (min)
"EuroSuper" or "EuroPremium" or "Regular unleaded" in Europe 95 85–86 90–91
"SuperPlus" in Germany, Great Britain, Slovenia and Spain, "SP98" in France 98 89–90 93–94
iso-octane (RON and MON 100 by definition) 100 100 100
benzene 101
"BP Ultimate 102"[9] 102 93–94 97–98

my bad correction BP U.K is Ron 102. not Ron 108. hehehe :vroam:

well a friend of mine tested helicopter fuel. he said it is higher octane then any petrol station allowed to sell. test was done on el cheapo rxz ( offering to the mat mod god's ) fuel color less & the smell can be used to make kidnapping a breeze.

test result after 2 run 800m.

1st run went like rocket
2nd run b4 halfway piston melted.

this test was done with a low compression setup with low ignition spark.
the bike engine was overhauled & run in week b4 the test

if any one have good idea to go higher octane rating fuel
might as well pour benzene b'coz of its ron 101 rating

good luck

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
jet fuel (usually used in turbine jet engines) burns hotter then automotive fuel, avgas (used in piston type engines) is similar to automotive fuel, the only difference it has a higher ron value.

if my guess is correct sir, ur fren was using jet fuel for the test. testing a jet fuel in a 2-stroke ICE doesnt prove anything sir, its not intended for the purpose. a very interesting test though

a higher octane fuel for the right application doesnt hurt any engine, its like an engine dat has been tuned fora higher ron will be destroyed in seconds when a lower ron is filled in. d lower ron wont be able to cope with the aggressive tuning for the higher ron fuel, hence produces much detonation during operation and destroying the engine

E-CB3 - 666

Emperor
Apr 25, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
jet fuel (usually used in turbine jet engines) burns hotter then automotive fuel, avgas (used in piston type engines) is similar to automotive fuel, the only difference it has a higher ron value.

if my guess is correct sir, ur fren was using jet fuel for the test. testing a jet fuel in a 2-stroke ICE doesnt prove anything sir, its not intended for the purpose. a very interesting test though

a higher octane fuel for the right application doesnt hurt any engine, its like an engine dat has been tuned fora higher ron will be destroyed in seconds when a lower ron is filled in. d lower ron wont be able to cope with the aggressive tuning for the higher ron fuel, hence produces much detonation during operation and destroying the engine
yup that correct. well some plp just want high octane fuel without knowledge. it was fun thought. it does & it does not make much difference when using higher octane or lower octane. if chasing after high octane fuel for performance it depend on engine set up, 1 can properly tune 600 - 700hp monster just using low octane rating fuel & the engine last for years.

some may think using higher octane fuel can simply upgrade their hp to monster power.

truth be told it depend on setting of the engine it self. im using mpv engine k24a, feeding it ron 97 make no diffrent on performance. just suffer money wastage only especially v-poyor make my bank koyak.

my 2cent is : why pour v-poyor garing (so-call = racing) when you know you been duped?

heheh dont tembak me argh

me fill all cars, ron 95 only. cars no problem. but my old cars need ron 92. :bawling:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
iam reserving my comments towards the v-power, but its not my cuppa tea fyi. weve done tests on available fuel brands and i prefer esso F1 best.

fyi, a lower ron fuel burns faster then a higher octane fuel. the question is, y go and choose a higher octane fuel then? u r right about the power factor, it shudnt give any effect on the power dat an engine produces, but y are there increases then? sum question for us to ponder..

farizio

Known Member
Nov 26, 2007
KL
just for info, jet fuel is essentially high grade kerosene (smells just like hari raya pelita oil) and is basically a type of diesel..

interestingly a car engine can be modified to run that stuff.. eg; Thielert's Centurion engine which is used in some aircraft and is actually a mercedes turbodiesel 1.7 litre inline 4 engine (i think they use it on the A-Class)

super off-topic but what the heck!

E-CB3 - 666

Emperor
Apr 25, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
on the contrary i say not off topic. my pref be mobil or esso 95 & BHP 95.
shell petrol v-power may suggest that ferrari used it for their car, to my knowledge non of owner that i know uses shell v-power. so this conclude that shell v-power got no power & octane aint 98. fill it & i feel got wasted

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
Hi bro todak,never said anything bout hp.
Anyway selling my two balls already hehe (check marketplace)

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
i always thought that higher octane ratings means more resistance to premature detonation...

resistance to pre-mature detonation would mean that the fuel can be compacted even more before detonation rite? which means a bigger bang n more power hence the idea that high octane fuels bring more power but isnt is also true to gain that extra power, the engine has to be tuned to compress the fuel more before detonating it?

for eg... normal EFI engine runs ron95 without knocking but when change to ron97...shouldnt it bring no effect since it doesnt knock at ron95? if want more power means the timing needs to be advanced to make use of the extra resistance to knocking that the ron97 brings with it then only can have increase in power output rite?

if a race engine is already tuned to run ron101 without knocking...but u fill it up with ron95...wont it knock like hell and loose power?

pls correct me if my understanding is wrong...this is a very interesting discussion going on here hehehe

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
i always thought that higher octane ratings means more resistance to premature detonation...
correct

resistance to pre-mature detonation would mean that the fuel can be compacted even more before detonation rite? which means a bigger bang n more power hence the idea that high octane fuels bring more power but isnt is also true to gain that extra power, the engine has to be tuned to compress the fuel more before detonating it?
if u mean te compression of the engine can be further increased, den correct. a higher octane fuel allows a more aggressive setting for more power ie higher compression, more advance ignition timing, higher engine temperature, etc.

for eg... normal EFI engine runs ron95 without knocking but when change to ron97...shouldnt it bring no effect since it doesnt knock at ron95? if want more power means the timing needs to be advanced to make use of the extra resistance to knocking that the ron97 brings with it then only can have increase in power output rite?
it shudnt if changing from a lower ron to a higher ron fuel, its logical. new cars make use of a knock sensor to automatically advance or retard the ignition according to needs, but there isnt harm in tuning it urself imo

if a race engine is already tuned to run ron101 without knocking...but u fill it up with ron95...wont it knock like hell and loose power?
indeed sir, and will in time destroy the engine

pls correct me if my understanding is wrong...this is a very interesting discussion going on here hehehe
:driver:

bladerunner

500 RPM
Nov 8, 2006
Wow! thanks for the cut N paste contribution form Wikipedia... :sleep:

yup that correct. well some plp just want high octane fuel without knowledge. it was fun thought. it does & it does not make much difference when using higher octane or lower octane. if chasing after high octane fuel for performance it depend on engine set up, 1 can properly tune 600 - 700hp monster just using low octane rating fuel & the engine last for years.

some may think using higher octane fuel can simply upgrade their hp to monster power.

truth be told it depend on setting of the engine it self. im using mpv engine k24a, feeding it ron 97 make no diffrent on performance. just suffer money wastage only especially v-poyor make my bank koyak.

my 2cent is : why pour v-poyor garing (so-call = racing) when you know you been duped?

heheh dont tembak me argh

me fill all cars, ron 95 only. cars no problem. but my old cars need ron 92. :bawling:
The RON and MON of n-heptane and iso-octane are exactly 0 and 100, by definition. The following table lists octane ratings for various other fuels.[5][6]
Fuel RON MON AKI
hexadecane < -30
n-octane -10
n-heptane (RON and MON 0 by definition) 0 0 0
diesel fuel 15–25
2-methylheptane 23
n-hexane 25 26 26
1-pentene 34
2-methylhexane 44
1-heptene 60
n-pentane 62
requirement for a typical two-stroke outboard engine[7] 69 65 67
Pertamina "Premium" gasoline in Indonesia 88
n-butanol 92 71 83
n-butane 91
"regular" gasoline in Australia, Canada and the US 91–92 82–83 87
Pertamina "Pertamax" gasoline in Indonesia 92
Shell "Super" in Indonesia 92
Pertamina "Pertamax Plus" gasoline in Indonesia 95
Shell "Super Extra" in Indonesia 95
ExxonMobil Avgas 100[8] 99.5 (min)
"EuroSuper" or "EuroPremium" or "Regular unleaded" in Europe 95 85–86 90–91
"SuperPlus" in Germany, Great Britain, Slovenia and Spain, "SP98" in France 98 89–90 93–94
iso-octane (RON and MON 100 by definition) 100 100 100
benzene 101
"BP Ultimate 102"[9] 102 93–94 97–98

my bad correction BP U.K is Ron 102. not Ron 108. hehehe :vroam:

well a friend of mine tested helicopter fuel. he said it is higher octane then any petrol station allowed to sell. test was done on el cheapo rxz ( offering to the mat mod god's ) fuel color less & the smell can be used to make kidnapping a breeze.

test result after 2 run 800m.

1st run went like rocket
2nd run b4 halfway piston melted.

this test was done with a low compression setup with low ignition spark.
the bike engine was overhauled & run in week b4 the test

if any one have good idea to go higher octane rating fuel
might as well pour benzene b'coz of its ron 101 rating

good luck

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
so the conclusion is...using hi octane fuels will not bring any or only very marginal improvement to power unless the engine is specifically tuned to use a higher octane fuel at the expense of never being able to go down to lower octane fuels unless detuned again.

something i just read up... http://www.engineblox.com/?p=65

the knock sensor also has a limit to how much can be auto tuned so like sifu leo says...still need to tune the engine to maximise potential of a higher octane fuel...

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
arturo, exactly.. if ur engine is made to run on a lower octane, using a higher octane doesnt mean dat it will produce more power, itu pun within the limits of the controlling system, so using a higher ron fuel in certain engine doesnt mean dat u r gaining anything, except for maybe dat peace of mind u r using a better quality fuel.

fyi, the knock sensor senses 64Hz before it retards the timing, iirc ler..

EGNINE

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2006
arturo, exactly.. if ur engine is made to run on a lower octane, using a higher octane doesnt mean dat it will produce more power, itu pun within the limits of the controlling system, so using a higher ron fuel in certain engine doesnt mean dat u r gaining anything, except for maybe dat peace of mind u r using a better quality fuel.

fyi, the knock sensor senses 64Hz before it retards the timing, iirc ler..
what will happen if we already advance our ignition using piggyback or standalone on ron97, later we fill in ron95, will knock sensor detect knocking and retard the ignition?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Details:

1. Price: Estimated RM72,888.00
  2. Engine: 1.6L - 110 hp at 5,800 rpm and 149 Nm at 4,000 rpm
  3. Economy: 6.1-litres per 100 km
  4. Transmission: Four-speed adaptive automatic with Triptronic
  5. Body: Features a monocoque body structure

Nasim Sdn Bhd, the official distributor of the Peugeot brand in Malaysia, today launched the much-anticipated 207, which is the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience