adrianlek

Known Member
May 20, 2005
sgor
dammit my gf go n pump 'regular' at mobil just now. :mad:
full tank somemore!! :mad:
no wonder she say only $45 full tank :mad:

so all sifu how ah?
how will it effect my car?what will happen?
what can i do to minimize d effects?
what shld i do now?
my car is fuel injection

jinkl-

500 RPM
Mar 3, 2005
Klang
errr , it will run fine , no problems i guess
maybe dont whack 9 9

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
how she manage to stick the nozzle in?

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
no problem one ... my old 4G91 also pump with leaded fuel ...maa :D

adrianlek

Known Member
May 20, 2005
sgor
sorry guys, the topic shld hv been 'Terpump Lower Octane Fuel'.
my mistake :D
she pumped REGULAR instead of SYNERGY F1 :mad:

adrianlek

Known Member
May 20, 2005
sgor
sifus i just found out that she also pumped REGULAR last week.
so now sudah 2 times!!
no wonder la last week my car at times got 'tak tak tak' sound. :mad:

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
i think its fine. just don't keep doing it then its ok. the least u could do now is to ask her frankly, how many other times have she pumped regular for the past 6 months. in fact i've seen some older cars pump the regular and i think should be no problem. but of coz if you're worried, u can purge the petrol out via the purge screw at the bottom of the car.

its like you're so used to drinking filtered water. once in a while if u accidently drink tap water, it won't hurt u that much. but if you're paranoid, you can vomit it out.

jee_square

Known Member
Jun 16, 2005
Taman Melawati
Using leaded fuel on unleaded fuel engine may cause harm actually.. But only for the long run lah.. Knocking or pinging might happen because of the different octane level.. I think so, i forgot what i learn alerady! :p

sarcastics

Known Member
Jul 4, 2005
KL
REGULAR-ron92 & SYNERGY F1-ron97 are both unleaded fuel. if your car is a 95 wira or a 85 saga, using ron92 fuel shouldn't matter coz those are really really old tech medium compression engines. :D

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
What do you mean by "terpump UNleaded fuel?" I guess you mean LEADED?

LEADED FUEL HAS LONG BEEN BANNED IN MALAYSIA CONSUMER MARKET!!!

RON92 IS UNLEADED with lower Octane rating. No good for high-compression engines. It will create knocking and if your ECU is clever enough to detect the knock, it will retard the ignition timing to suppress the knock. Top up with RON98 such as V-power during half-tank and it should be alrite!

youmolo

Known Member
Jul 3, 2005
Subang Perdana
www.tzywen.com
drexchan said:
What do you mean by "terpump UNleaded fuel?" I guess you mean LEADED?

LEADED FUEL HAS LONG BEEN BANNED IN MALAYSIA CONSUMER MARKET!!!

RON92 IS UNLEADED with lower Octane rating. No good for high-compression engines. It will create knocking and if your ECU is clever enough to detect the knock, it will retard the ignition timing to suppress the knock. Top up with RON98 such as V-power during half-tank and it should be alrite!
i think unless u're running some kind of engine tat requires strict control of fuel octane, there should be no problem. this is what you should do: go get a can of petrol that you want, drive the car until all the petrol finish, then dump in that can of petrol. problem solved :)

youmolo

Known Member
Jul 3, 2005
Subang Perdana
www.tzywen.com
drexchan said:
why take the hazzle of buying a can of petrol? refilling at the pump sounds much easier don't you think so?
yea, but if you want to finish the petrol until the last drop better haf a can of petrol ready. else u mite find urself stuck somewhere without a petrol station ;)

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
youmolo said:
yea, but if you want to finish the petrol until the last drop better haf a can of petrol ready. else u mite find urself stuck somewhere without a petrol station ;)
no need to finish up the last drop gua?? If the petrol does harm, it's better to top-up from time to time to dilute it and increase the Octane number. If it does no harm, it just treat it as a normal tank of fuel lor. :D

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys^^ I need some help on deciding which car to buy

#1- Pros and cons between owning a Evo 3 and Impreza WRX STI S204 in JB area. Need information on running cost of the cars.
#2- Reasons for asking, I'm considering buy a car for me as a rookie to spend time on track for practicing my skills and a weekend fun car. Currently I'm considering 2 quite nice deals on Facebook, between a Mitsubishi Evo 3 got around 350hp, have worries about the reliability because the age of the car and a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience