Help please.......

trd_1420

Question 1- Throttle Body

I m driving a LE with SVT engine, lately my car timing is not stable. Went to a workshop and the mech said that my throttle body going to kong. He suggest to change the throttle body. Currently he has 1 black top throttle body and willing to let it go. He is charging RM500 for the BT throttle body + fixing it to my car. Is this price reasonable? If not, what is the reasonable price so that I can go back to him and try to negotiate the price. Is this the only way to fix the throttle body? How if I service the throttle body first, will it solve the problem?He also said that my car will have difference after fixing this BT throttle body. Is this true?

Anybody else has fixed BT throttle body in to SVT? How is the performance?

Question 2 - Engine Knocking

My car engine also has knocking problem. What causes the knocking and how to solve this knocking problem? What is the estimated cost?

Appreciate your comments, advise and suggestion.

BT throttle body can be used into SVT head. only change the gasket.
FYI: BT throttle is bigger size than SVT's. so more air can be suck.
i know somebody that can clean your throttle body at cheap price.
i think not exceeding 150rm.
i highly recommend this guy.

yin - 0193702464
taman salak jaya.

svt throttle body is 43mm and bt is 45mm...so more air can enter and a slightly power u can feel....but izzit sure is the throttle body??
or u mean when after u rev then the timing drop till 500 then go up again...
do check also the idle valve...maybe tat can kacau.....

bro noth1n,

thanks for the info!!

bro caleb,

the timing usually shoot up when i start the car. While driving, it is stable, but let say if i stop at traffic light for instance, the timing drop tremendously like the engine want to die off, and in fact the engine died off yesterday ngam ngam in front of my house when i was slowing down to enter my porch. What could be wrong, other than TB or like you said idle valve. How to check whether idle valve got problem or not? Thanks in advance bro!!

same problem like i have. only when i on the aircond, it'll become like this. still haven't solve yet.

when on air cond....
i've heard ppl say to adjust the FICD...

how long has it been since ur last throttle body cleaning...?

the timing usually shoot up when i start the car. While driving, it is stable, but let say if i stop at traffic light for instance, the timing drop tremendously like the engine want to die off, and in fact the engine died off yesterday ngam ngam in front of my house when i was slowing down to enter my porch. What could be wrong, other than TB or like you said idle valve. How to check whether idle valve got problem or not? Thanks in advance bro!!

Sound like your AFM isn't in good condition...temporarily swap it with working AFM...see what goes from there...

i would like to suggest to clean your throttle body and ISCV...i might help...

good luck on troubleshoot it...:driver:

yes clean ur throttle body and ISCV, 3 years ago i have the same problem after service those parts by EFN ok oledi but now seems like the symptoms occur again....

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom