GTR 32 checklist?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

rott

Nov 28, 2004
Hi there all skyline sifus. I am currently concluding the transaction to buy a GTR 32 (knew this is a very rare model in Malaysia) and would like to know what are the specifics things i should check for. I heard horror stories about GTRs blowing up after being purchased used.

Had asked a general mechanic to view over and he said engine is oke. The chasis number starts with BNR32 XXXXXX (six digit number), does this confirm this is an original GTR 32? Or this be traced further in Nissan's website in Japan?

Appreciate feedback from you guys. Thanks.

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
BNR is comfirm R32 GTR origin

Engine blown..
emm R32 GTR is performance car
so expected lo

so take your risk..

.S K A G E E.

500 RPM
Mar 12, 2004
It great that you have found one!!! Hope you'll take good care of it.

Yes the BNR32-XXXXXXXX code is correct for a GTR32. Just make sure that the chasis code ( on the firewall) matches the one on the plate.

Other than that, you have nothing to worry about...enjoy you new car!!!

rott

Nov 28, 2004
its a 93/96 model and will be paying slightly more than 100k for it (hope it is worthwhile for a 12 year old car).

I did expect to spend a bit for refreshing the car but important that the engine and chasis is in good condition. Will not be modding the car for sure!

rott

Nov 28, 2004
Add on:

Once i get the car will surely be posting more questions to the sifus here on the proper maintenance and upkeep of this car - told my wife will be only 1 or 2 years before switching to MPV but I intend to keep it for a long looooong time. ;)

hansc

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
KL/WP
Visit site
congrats on the new dream car...... wat i can do is only drool...... with my saliva dripping.....hahahah

rott

Nov 28, 2004
Thanks. Initially wanted a GTT R34 but deep down, I knew I had to have a GTR.

There are not much R33 GTRs available and R34 GTR is definitely beyond my budget. Did check on one or two of those R33 GTRs but decided against buying after hearing some horror stories about those extremely modded ones.

The GTR 32 is not too expensive and from the looks of it, quite well kept so decided to go for it. Should be getting it next week...

KonG3286

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Hi Rott, is the car from Sungai Long area wan?? Thought I also saw one selling RM109k with GT Wing wan, also 1993/96...:) think they will also give ya the roll cage and the back seat with hole to suit the cage as well....

yeah man, happy owning GTR and take good care of her :)

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
rott said:
its a 93/96 model and will be paying slightly more than 100k for it (hope it is worthwhile for a 12 year old car).

I did expect to spend a bit for refreshing the car but important that the engine and chasis is in good condition. Will not be modding the car for sure!
damn! where did u find it? if only i bought a near stock r32 i probably would still own a skyline (then again, probably will sell it anyway as I'm leaving for the UK next month).

congrats! and don't worry, plenty of r32 parts (and experts ;) esp. in this club) around.

Jebu

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
izzit the sg long 32GTR?
we called him last nite and he was happy to let us see the car
he said the car still not sold
so if that's the car you going after rott, I suggest you quickly settle your purchase
a lot of ppl looking for 32GTR and it will be snatched up really quick if you dun move fast

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
Jebu..
i think SKyline Ming already on the way la
just walking distance from his house la

r33_abflug

Known Member
Feb 28, 2004
Cmng..
hw bout u then..When wanna make official press release..??hahahaha

Jebu

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
I'm impressed Wan!!
you are very well informed!

... must whack kau tom already la.... :rolleyes:

r33_abflug

Known Member
Feb 28, 2004
I'm not talking bout what ur driving....or u hv something to say bout ur 'driving'
instead...hahhahaa...

p/s:Dun whack kaw me lar.....plsssss...

guys...just wait the vitara change to xxxxxxxxx.....

rott

Nov 28, 2004
Yeah it is that one. Anyone of you guys had seen the car? How do you find the condition?

I am in the midst of processing the docs with bank so should be oke kua. If got the car, would remove the GT wing and add back the original spoiler (was told they still have it).

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
woi rott, saw the car on motortrader, very very nice, enjoy man... hope goes well 4u. if i wasn't continuing my studies next year, and just got a baby girl, definitely i'll be your rival for the car :D

rott

Nov 28, 2004
Keeping my fingers crossed but i would think there should not be any problems.

Hey, I have 2 baby girls below the age of 3!! Anyway, it is now or never - coz another couple of years I ll be driving MPVs...

ManR34

Known Member
Jul 11, 2005
KL
rott said:
Keeping my fingers crossed but i would think there should not be any problems.

Hey, I have 2 baby girls below the age of 3!! Anyway, it is now or never - coz another couple of years I ll be driving MPVs...
hahaah...now or never! LOL....how about getting ur wife or urself a baby MPV like the Mitsubishi COLT PLUS turbo...1.5L mivec turbo (its a small MPV with 6 speed tiptronic gearbox!!!!)...then ur wife can drive around with ur babies in style & speed if need to be :D

somemore u can always fool around in da turbo MPV when ur family's not around! kekekeek ;)

and then u can keep ur skyline for ur own pleasure or weekend drives :D

anyhow thats my plans for my future family! i am never giving up my 2nd wife (ie. r34) for my 1st wife or her babies mate!...i rather get da misses & da babies in on da action & fun!! and the good thing about it, is that my current GF agrees wif my thinking plans, after much discussions about the goodness of turbo cars either in sport form or family form! hahaha :p

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

While many manufacturers are trying to squeeze every last drop of fuel out of their machines, one of the simplest methods to do so has always been overlooked, until now that is. Goodyear has just launched it’s the latest tyre from its Assurance line, the Assurance Fuel Max, that provides for reduced rolling resistance for fuel savings and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience