Gt-rs turbo & f-con v pro tuning questions

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
Seeing as I've already got hks hardpipe kit + s/steel manifolds and likely going for rb30, just need to ask some questions.

1. How much is recond price for hks gt-rs for a pair?

2. I've already got hks actuators, can they be used for gt-rs or do i need to buy wastegates?

3. Who is authorised power-writer in Msia? I've got silver f con v pro but I heard all the f cons are locked.

mucho gracias

farizio

Known Member
Nov 26, 2007
KL
hmmm GT-RS...

If you have an RB30 block, might as well go for T04Z/T04R.. in terms of lag its the same as the GT-RS (even on an RB26 stroked to 2.8L it will only kick in at 4500 rpm)... power is also about the same

but it would be cheaper to buy and maintain the single turbo and less of a hassle to run in the long run.. not to mention it runs cooler than twins. Also single turbo punya kick lagi best.

but if you really want to go for response with a twin setup, go for HKS 2530 la...still can cecah 600 HP at the crank, and with an RB30 block sure torque and response like a monster from hell.

You can use those actuators for the GT-RS.

N1 is the official V-Pro tuner in Malaysia.

BUT! other workshops also tune V-pro... not so secretly.... PM sent

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
hmmm GT-RS...

If you have an RB30 block, might as well go for T04Z/T04R.. in terms of lag its the same as the GT-RS (even on an RB26 stroked to 2.8L it will only kick in at 4500 rpm)... power is also about the same

but it would be cheaper to buy and maintain the single turbo and less of a hassle to run in the long run.. not to mention it runs cooler than twins. Also single turbo punya kick lagi best.

but if you really want to go for response with a twin setup, go for HKS 2530 la...still can cecah 600 HP at the crank, and with an RB30 block sure torque and response like a monster from hell.

You can use those actuators for the GT-RS.

N1 is the official V-Pro tuner in Malaysia.

BUT! other workshops also tune V-pro... not so secretly.... PM sent
TO4Z was my original if I had bought a stock gtr. But to convert to single setup will need
intake pipes
single manifold
turbo
wastegate
downpipes?
all water/oil lines
gaskets

But for twin setup, now I only need the actual turbos to swap... my HKS stainless manifolds have even got balance pipe to reduce shuffle! :biggrin:

farizio

Known Member
Nov 26, 2007
KL
TO4Z was my original if I had bought a stock gtr. But to convert to single setup will need
intake pipes
single manifold
turbo
wastegate
downpipes?
all water/oil lines
gaskets

But for twin setup, now I only need the actual turbos to swap... my HKS stainless manifolds have even got balance pipe to reduce shuffle! :biggrin:
manifold and down pipe quite murah if you buy custom or thai made here in malaysia.. thai manifolds have pretty good workmanship

Im sure if you sell your old steel twin manifold sure can make some money to cover balik expenses..

T04Z? eh got RB30 already bang... T88 la ape lagi... hehehehe

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
manifold and down pipe quite murah if you buy custom or thai made here in malaysia.. thai manifolds have pretty good workmanship

Im sure if you sell your old steel twin manifold sure can make some money to cover balik expenses..

T04Z? eh got RB30 already bang... T88 la ape lagi... hehehehe
wah, u think my car got cage and parachute issit :rofl::rofl::rofl:

leceh lor to sell stuff then commission/buy parts - juz use apa yang ada...recession maaa :biggrin:

gona drive this car to and from work lor, not drag monster but daily driver 650-700hp sleeper...what a nice dream to have - don't pinch me yet :sleep:

farizio

Known Member
Nov 26, 2007
KL

leceh lor to sell stuff then commission/buy parts - juz use apa yang ada...recession maaa :biggrin:

gona drive this car to and from work lor, not drag monster but daily driver 650-700hp sleeper...what a nice dream to have - don't pinch me yet :sleep:
T88 la best... minyak jimat... off boost je selalu hahaha

700hp daily driver... Malaysian streets are not safe with so many maniacs thinking like this.. I support this kind of behaviour!

cosmicgate

Known Member
Oct 14, 2005
RB30 bottom?then go T88 laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Can have sleeper mode ma!!!!!

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004

Daily driver 400-450hp atw more than enough bro! :wavey:

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
one can never have too much power :rofl::rofl::rofl:

plan to have 3 boost control settings:
400hp, 500hp, 650hp plus lol :wavey::rofl:

Hmmm, looks like the R34 club is getting nervous? :slug:

Dont larr....only daydream first, car is still here in UK.....

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Absolutely right... :top:
Hahahah DC trying to deceive us all when in fact he's going for a T04Z soon! :biggrin:

In all seriousness, when I had my STI which I drove around alot more than I did the GTR simply because even at 350hp in an STI it really was enough. Driving in traffic didn't suck, it wasn't too loud, I could make do with a easier HKS LA clutch, it had enough poke to zip in and out of traffic.

If you have 400hp, good chance you'll get to use it on the street but 600-700hp, on the street, really wanna go there? :driver:

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
[PIMPIN];3907070 said:
Hahahah DC trying to deceive us all when in fact he's going for a T04Z soon! :biggrin:

In all seriousness, when I had my STI which I drove around alot more than I did the GTR simply because even at 350hp in an STI it really was enough. Driving in traffic didn't suck, it wasn't too loud, I could make do with a easier HKS LA clutch, it had enough poke to zip in and out of traffic.

If you have 400hp, good chance you'll get to use it on the street but 600-700hp, on the street, really wanna go there? :driver:
yep.... already have several places in mind to try eg. coming out of kesas toll or sg besi toll at deserted times...

for me, feel 600-700hp for a few seconds is enough, not a wangan kinda guy (i know u are pimpin, but ur balls are made of premium grade steel... :rofl::rofl::rofl: mine are texture of boiled egg only)

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
yep.... already have several places in mind to try eg. coming out of kesas toll or sg besi toll at deserted times...

for me, feel 600-700hp for a few seconds is enough, not a wangan kinda guy (i know u are pimpin, but ur balls are made of premium grade steel... :rofl::rofl::rofl: mine are texture of boiled egg only)
Hahahah last night my balls of steel cost me $$$$$!

Details soon! :banghead:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Well on MEX, as I approached the Putrajaya toll, I bottomed out pretty hard. After the toll, I pulled over and saw water temp going up. But soon it started to drop so I figured was due to the high speeds. After that we stopped at the rest stop. When we left to go home, on the highway my water temp kept going up. So I pulled over to the side, it still did not come down so I played safe and killed it.

Popped the hood and saw some coolant in the bay and looked under the car and saw coolant leaking from bottom of radiator. Called Desmond around 2.30am (N1) cause I had one tow truck guy and he was off. After about 15 mins finally Desmond called back and said tow truck on the way. During that time, I crossed over to the other side of the road leaving my car cause I suddenly remembered Leonard's story of some woman killing 3 people by the road side LOL. At the time, it felt scary so I went to the emergency phones across the road which of course do not work.

I called a friend and he came from Bukit Antarabangsa. This was at 3am already. Then a police car drove by and stopped. I went over and we were chatting and they said they would wait with me until my friend arrived. One of the cops asked me "Ini R34 kan? Kenapa tak lepak dengan budak-budak Silvia dekat rest-stop tadi?" Hahahah not bad man. They were very nice and friendly guys.

Anyways, by this time the engine was cool and we checked the radiator overflow bottle was empty. Tried the dipstick and there was no oil in the block...YET (hahah fingers crossed!). Tow truck arrives at 3.30ish, and so got home by 4am. End of the day, what can you do? It's the name of the game. Adat bermain kereta, the Malays would say, comes with the territory.

If I'm lucky, the damage would be limited to a new radiator which I can live with. Since I did shut-down very quickly, I'm hoping there is no other damage. If there is, then well I guess I'll have to live with that as well LOL.

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
uh oh, sounds very familiar!!!

what oil pump u got my friend???