fuel gauge?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

nishantdarshana

Known Member
dear sifus and citizens of zth.

when i picked my neo up from the dealer,i didnt have much fuel in it.so i went to shell and filled up the tank with rm100 worth of vpower.meter naik half tank only.a few days later,i was leaving jb for kl.before filling,quarter tank.after rm50 vpower,went to 3/4 tank.which made sense lah.then i met with an accident,and sent my car to the shop.after the car came out,tank was almost empty.as there was no shell around,i went to caltex and filled rm10 of their ron95.to my surprise,naik to half tank.but after driving around 15km,went back to empty.out of curiosity,i decided to fill up with shell ron95.after pouring rm50,only naik half tank.what confuses me is,if vpower rm50 naik half tank,rm50 ron95 should naik more than that.and power delivery is similar between vpower and ron95.no noticable difference between the two.this confuses me,because i can feel the difference (a LOT of it) with my sisters car.one month on,everytime i pump rm50 ron95,naik half tank.and when i pump rm50 vpower,also naik half tank only.is this normal,or is this something i should be worried about?
:smokin:

bro ill try summarize.

when you pump 100rm vpower = rm3.10/L ... ron95 rm1.90/L

so,
Rm50 vpower = 16.13L
rm50 ron95 = 26.32L

when you fiiled vpower(16L) you had a 1/4 tank. so it went to 3/4.
when you filled 95(26L), near empty, get half tank.

when near empty, you could have used you rreserve tank.. so maybe thats why u see it didnt go as much as the vpower.the petrol u pumped have to fill up the reserve first..

the fuel gauge is not 100% balanced ..meaning some gauge from F to middle line, take long to reduce, suddenly half to E, very fast reduce...so best way to calculate...pump full tank. reset mileage. drive till reserve light on. calculate from there.

about the performance maybe bcoz the 95 was mixed with vpower racing, so the effect not really there yet..this is what i think la. you using vpower racing or vpower 97?

Last edited:
thanks for the feedback,bro ad_eg.i use vpower,as its the only available one here.vpower racing still have meh?
:smokin:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom