Forester vs E39

pocong

Known Member
Oct 3, 2008
Hello my Subaru frens,

I am in the midst of buying into SPF5 or E39. I basically already know the 'disease' of E39 but Subaru boxer is quite new for me.

What are the list of things that I should scare off? Please help by tell me the plus minus of this super boxer so that it would be worth buy and stay close to me for the nxt 5 years.

I just to make sure my 'marriage' soon is less headache and if it's not trouble free, at least all the problems are solve-able.

Thanks everyone.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
errr...mostly forester on sale was automatic box...so spare some for manual transplant later or gearbox repair when needed....

other than that i think just check wear n tear parts....also some parts can get from impreza..even could do complete impreza engine/gearbox/drivetrain swap if not mistaken....

:adore:

i'm not forester user..but have been eyeing forester quite some time.... :driver:

pocong

Known Member
Oct 3, 2008
I been told the autobox can sustain till 400hp. that's too much for me. Standard shud be enuf for me or maybe some minor mods will do. BTW some of foresters on sale are oredi in manual box.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
other than that shud be ok...just rubber parts and major hose need to be checked for crack (soon to crack) as sf5 was quite old for almost 10years already :adore:

pocong

Known Member
Oct 3, 2008
10 years old is still ok for ori JDM car or other imported cars. Its 10 year-old condition way much better than the same age local made car.