feeling after banana manifold

gsr6625

Known Member
hi guys....
was wandering if there is anyone out there who has done this change and share the feeling??
any increase of smoothness etc.....planning to do this mod soon.
thanks for sharing guys...:_:

pros>>>increase boost respond,better acceleration,add a few more ponies for high end pull.(sometimes quite a lot.depend on the size n design).cons>>>not durable compare to
the cast type.happy modding.......:shades_smile:

Last edited:
hi guys....
was wandering if there is anyone out there who has done this change and share the feeling??
any increase of smoothness etc.....planning to do this mod soon.
thanks for sharing guys...:_:

there are few factors
banana comes with so many designs
some with big flow , some smaller
big flow will help in high end, while the smaller one gives response
and also does the length of it and which exhaust port joins which port
usually these are calculated stuff
thts y , a copy of greddy , hks n all goes well with their turbo
if stock turbo, prefer it left just stock manifold

cause i m running td05 now on a gsr...so was wondering if it might help the lag a bit or not....cause below 3k rpm my car has not much power..thanks for the info anyway guys....was finding out how to eliminate the lag....

Last edited by a moderator:
nah la bro , its kind of normal for a td05 in gsr to be laggy abit
bt if u get a standalone ecu, u can tweak up ur ignition to get less lag
leave the manifold , recommeded to nt change

thanks for the advice bro.....i m running on emanage and i have fully ported and balanced my engine.....thanks for the advice again :)

thanks for the advice bro.....i m running on emanage and i have fully ported and balanced my engine.....thanks for the advice again :)

bring it to the right tuner, then he can tweak it up
and r u using jst AFR tuning on the emanage or did u use additional to tune ignition as well , as i know ingition needs tune up with metal gasket n turbo

gsr6625, even on stock Evo 3's the kick only starts around 3000-3500rpm. It should be much worse on a smaller displacement engine.

and r u using jst AFR tuning on the emanage or did u use additional to tune ignition as well , as i know ingition needs tune up with metal gasket n turbo

Is it necessary to have a metal gasket when you tune up ignition? Let's say my target is just 1 bar on a Evo 3 std block n turbine.

metal gasket important if you're planning to overboost from stock engine capability. tune up ignition only doesnt need to change them.

You need to re-tune the fuel / ignition mapping once you have the manifold in to gain result. the manifold itself wont increase any hp. I've seen a 4G63T making 20whp with manifold & re-tune his existing PowerFC on stock td05.

so bro..u r saying that when we add a thicker metal gasket, we need to increase the ignition advance or retard it? i'm guessing that we shud increase the ignition. please correct me if i'm wrong

i think...with banana... higher torque from lower rpm...the exhaust flow are much more directed to the turbo...turning the blower earlier...

how many inch pipe diameter that usually use to build a banana?2inch?1.8inch?

Is it suitable for auto tranny cars? I'm using one but because the exhaust flows easily, RPMs shot up to 9k and stock ECU will initiate rev cut.

But, mid-high end is top notch... can really feel the Gs.

Is it suitable for auto tranny cars? I'm using one but because the exhaust flows easily, RPMs shot up to 9k and stock ECU will initiate rev cut.

But, mid-high end is top notch... can really feel the Gs.

i'm sure that's your butt-dyno result :regular_smile: . get it tune and confirm it on dyno machine as i'm sure with the aftermarket manifold your car will run lean at higher rpms.

Hey guys,

any idea whether a longer banana (like those evo's, goat's horns)

or a shorter banana (like a simple 90% angle, just slightly longer

than stock) is better?

In terms of power and torque throughout the whole powerband.

Cheers guys.

wastegate increasing performance is just a myth i guess
the only reason u put a wastegate is to higher boost and get a stable boost.
there wouldnt be performance gain from changing actuator to wastegate
both lets xcess exhaust air out. how can that increase horsepower

as for banana issue
longer banana will give more low end
shorter ones will give u top end

links
Turbo Exhaust Headers
Finally the truth about scavenge

so meaning that if we install a banana manifold with stock turbine actually not require a wastegate?

how about if we install a wastegate...what will actually happen tothe engine?

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom