FD3S: Electronic Beeps upon redlining

donKey

Dudes

I was on 2nd gear and in attempt to redline the FD. Suddenly upon touching redline, I heard either one or two electronic beeps from the car. Anyone knows what the beeps mean?

Donkey

just a reminder telling you to change gears?

No idea dude, I don't own an FD. But if I'm not mistaken....these warnings are usually part of your speedo right?

Much like how some Jap cars have this "ding" sound when you are going over 100km/h

thats normal on any "reflashed" ecu. on a standalone you can reprogram points.

yeah.... it beeps on stock and remapped...
i have both.. it still beeps... normal thing...
to tell you that becareful... doesn't mean that don't rev :P
my power band still going strong even after the beep but worried about the engine.. it's way pass 7K RPM.

donKey said:
Dudes

I was on 2nd gear and in attempt to redline the FD. Suddenly upon touching redline, I heard either one or two electronic beeps from the car. Anyone knows what the beeps mean?

Donkey

make sure u got enuf fuel when u rev at redline. redline at 7000 rpm or 7500rpm?

that's fine. it reminds that u r revving at redline. Rev at 7-8k is good for ur engine, can get rid of some carbons of ur engine but make sure u r not running lean at high rpm.

I understand you must not be running lean. However, when you mean "make sure u got enuf fuel....." U mean the fuel tank? Cos my tank at that time was only 1/8.

Donkey

RERider said:
make sure u got enuf fuel when u rev at redline. redline at 7000 rpm or 7500rpm?

generally FD will beep for below

1. not enough water in radiator
2. not enough Oil
3. not enough Fuel
4. not enough brake fluid
5. rev limit (redline)

in your case.. it's probably rev limit. what joewe mean is that high RPM is dangerous if your ECU isn't supplying enough fuel for your engine. running lean will cause high temp and causing the Apex Seal to say BYE BYE... and there goes another engine :)

RERider said:
u will getting the fuel pump damage if the fuel always at low level.

does that apply to rotaries only? cause i think i heard it applies to any kind of vehicle

Top Bottom