faulty tachometer on the charade

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

homers

Jun 26, 2006
Hi! I'm homer from the philippines, i have been having problems with the original tachometer of my charade sometimes it ok sometimes it stops operating. I have heard about this concern from other websites, can you help me repair this? I have soldered all the connections and sprayed contact cleaner on the mechanism but still this problem persists..anybody who can help me with this?

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
maybe u should try go for your own country service center maybe they can help u rather than do it yourself.

homers

Jun 26, 2006
sorry but the charade is no longer sold in the philippines that is why if someone could help me i'd be very thankful..

Speed Demon

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Selangor
www.freewebs.com
If you've already tried cleaning and resoldering the connections then I think your meter is beyond repair. Most of the time the only way to fix it was to clean & resolder the connections.

TiBuN

Known Member
May 16, 2004
Penang / BM
Visit site
Speed Demon : Why don't you offer to sell him your meter ? RM300 give or take ?

homers

Jun 26, 2006
I have seen you post in our site www.daihatsuclubph.org speed demon..thanks for your reply but until now i cant accept that it is beyond repair since it operates once in a while..i want to find what part of the tach is at fault.

Speed Demon

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Selangor
www.freewebs.com
Yes Homer, I do post once in awhile on your forum. Your problem is nothing new. Quite a few Charade owners have faced it, but so far all that I have heard is that the problem is usually resolved by cleaning & resoldering. So since you have mentioned that you have done that already, I don't hold much hope.

canbeef

Known Member
Jun 16, 2005
Shah Alam
i had the same problem with mine.. its pretty common.. all daihatsus seem to have that problem... my advice is to go get yourself a budget 3 inch meter with shift lamp.. i got mine for likea 100 bucks.... but another option is to purchase a second one from a chopshop.. i hope they have that in the philipines...... if not.... i'll help u get one..... it cost bout 100 bucks... but since youre at it.. y not get the GTTI ones for 300... color of the lights are cool.. if u manage to get one.. contact me if u need instruction or advice on assembly... good luck..

homers

Jun 26, 2006
Hi Canbeef! is there a way fro me to get the gtti instrument panel there? if so how much including sending it here..how do i pay you? am getting desperate with that meter..

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
well, isnt everyone desprate for that meter. its pretty rare these days but it surely is a head turner if switched on at night =)

btw, sometimes it could not be your meter's fault but actually the wiring to the meter itself. if the cables might be old and maybe the current couldnt flow properly to the meter. please check your wiring first maybe that might be at fault =)

homers

Jun 26, 2006
before i installed the instrument panel, i traced the wirings and added a backup wire for the meter to ensure that there is continuous flow of current to the meter.. my idea is that i think there is a component within the meter (diode, etc.) that is the weakest link.. maybe somebody found this out before and was able to correct the problem..I still believe that a component could be problematic since once in a while the tachometer is operative..don't you think so? I just hope i find the person through your forum who has had this fixed..again thank you.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

TROY, Mich., December 4, 2007 - Silver is no longer the undisputed color champion of the automotive world, according to the DuPont 2007 Global Automotive Color Popularity Report.

55th DuPont Report Says White Now Outranks Silver As Top Choice in Some Countries

After seven years in first place, silver ran into tough competition this year with white/white pearl rising to the lead color choice for vehicles in one key region and two...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience