EVo 7.5 GT-A

mfirdaus

Jun 14, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
hi all sifu,

i'm one of the GTA owner, want to ask everybody.. if remove the catalytic converter, is it will cause the Check Engine Light turn on? Is there any sensor there? Much appreciate.

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
mfirdaus,
No problem at all.
As long the sensor connected back by making new hole for it.

lanz

Known Member
Mar 23, 2006
wow.. i think on straight can eat evo with lightweight waja chassis.

auto oil better stick with mitsubishi diaqueen original..
m'sia auto oil or engine oil market getting bad due a lot copy cat oil maker here.. even buy engine oil from gas station oso is imitiation oil.

brembo not so special nowaday.. a lot of workshop can solve ur problem.. the only worry is the price and honestly
Bro AhLim13,
is there any specific code for mitsubishi diaqueen ATF... worried buy the wrong one, where can i buy this...awaiting your kind reply...

i have fix the my brembo brake also....change the servo one set, last time my pomen go change the master pump from different model.... he combine nissan master pump with evo servo..thats why not good... now halfcut set from Honda...servo and master pump...alot better... but still i have to service my caliper..one side stopping better...if emergency brake... car pull to one side...

so far driving around...no problem...

Oct 17, 2014
Sorry for the revive but I think this bit will be a useful reference for the rare Evo 7.5 GT-A. :wink:

same but GTA inside wave spring much weaker and some other part need to be upgrade
i took many photo. Shared in evolutionnet.
overhauled it with airtrek auto box kits too..

the pic u can see why.. ah wah there oso know this..
The 7.5 wave spring is not MUCH WEAKER, its supposed to be stronger holding 272ps. In fact the gear box is unique to the Evo 7.5. The tiptronic mated with this car is based on Porsche's during its time and its quite strong for an autobox TBH (no need for any recall for this). It can hold fair enough of power around 330+ bhp (check link with sample build below). Its not really a glass trans if NOT trashed as a manual car. :burnout:
Oh, and I think I know the guy who owns the pix you posted. And its not you... :confused:

GTA gearbox is the same as Airtrek's. So far almost 5 years now for me, my 2003 Airtrek is running strong without any gearbox problem. I have basic modifications like full exhaust, TD05 from Evo 7, FMIC (AIrtrek uses TMIC), cams etc etc.
No sir they're not the same. The gears themselves are actually different. We have stripped apart both gear boxes.

Similar engined and tranny car, I am using Airtrek Turbo with very little mods.
This has been the "assumption" by some (especially airtrek guys no offense). Its the same thing with the Murano having "similar" engine with a Z. :rolleyes: Some difference I can recall are gear box, internals like pistons, block, injectors, head, cams/valvesprings retainers, intake manifold, MAF, fuel pump, turbo...

Here's a link guys of a nice & clean Evo 7.5 build using STANDARD gear box - EFO - High Performance Imports (#95) | C-Red Tuning (Perth, Western Australia) :cool:

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

While most of us think Imprezas and STI at the mere mention of Subaru, we shouldn’t forget that the carmaker also has the impressive Legacy in its line-up, of which the fully redesigned fifth generation is now available locally. Pricing for the models stand at RM277619.20 for the sedan and RM287,879.20 for the wagon. There’s also a bodykit available for the Legacy and can be fitted to both guises...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience