EK99 Bumper - PU??? Rubber???

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Johnny_9

Known Member
Jul 16, 2005
KL
PU, Rubber, what's the difference? Please explain.

Which is better?

Where to get in PJ/KL?

Hikaru

3,000 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
Atlanta, GA
photobucket.com
None of them.

Original PP is the best, nothing beats the genuine original part.

Johnny_9

Known Member
Jul 16, 2005
KL
Pp?

PP is Poly.....??

How much is an original bumper?

What is the problem with local types? Warping????

Hikaru

3,000 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
Atlanta, GA
photobucket.com
Polypropylene (PP) is a thermoplastic polymer, used in a wide variety of applications, including food packaging, textiles, laboratory equipment, automotive components, and polymer banknotes. An addition polymer made from the monomer propylene, it is unusually resistant to many chemical solvents, bases and acids. Its resin identification code is

Chemical & physical properties

Most commercial polypropylene has a level of crystallinity intermediate between that of low density polyethylene (LDPE) and high density polyethylene (HDPE); its Young's modulus is also intermediate. Although it is less tough than LDPE, it is much less brittle than HDPE. This allows polypropylene to be used as a replacement for engineering plastics, such as ABS. Polypropylene has very good resistance to fatigue, so that most plastic living hinges, such as those on flip-top bottles, are made from this material.
Polypropylene has a melting point of 320 degrees Fahrenheit (160 degrees Celsius). Food containers made from it will not melt in the dishwasher, and do not melt during industrial hot filling processes. For this reason, most plastic tubs for dairy products are polypropylene sealed with aluminium foil (both heat-resistant materials). After the product has cooled, the tub are often given lids of a cheaper (and less heat-resistant) material, such as LDPE or polystyrene. Such containers provide a good hands-on example of the difference in modulus, since the rubbery feeling of LDPE with respect to PP of the same thickness is readily apparent.
A rubbery PP can also be made by a specialized synthesis process, as discussed below. Unlike traditional rubber, it can be melted and recycled, making it a thermoplastic elastomer.

Hikaru

3,000 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
Atlanta, GA
photobucket.com
It's useless if I tell you what is PP, just get the god damn original bumper, only about rm250 depends where you get it.

nashrey

Known Member
Apr 14, 2004
Hikaru said:
It's useless if I tell you what is PP, just get the god damn original bumper, only about rm250 depends where you get it.
hah hahhh...nuff said hikaru :) buy ori!!

JEC6636

Feb 20, 2005
Visit site
sure can fit....but there'll be some part that not so fit at the headlights area...front grill and both sides of your mudgard...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi frenz,

Need help and advise. There are few white paint spot on my leather seat. How can I remove the spot ? I was thinking to use thinner to remove it but afraid will left thinner spot on the seat. Any idea or better way to remove it ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience