EG clubs/owner etc

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Hi guys,is it worth now to transplant B16A into EG 4drs?
Feel like changing engine...D16A6 giving me problem now,although it still running ok
Workshop quote me RM8k for B16A

8k for b16a? even me as one who never did transplant myself knows that price is ridiculous.
there's one workshop do have an eg6 halfcut with b16a on full lock lsd tranny which cost around that price too.
here's the thing, they are searching for someone with d series engine to swap in so the final cost can be cut down too.

8k for b16a? even me as one who never did transplant myself knows that price is ridiculous.
there's one workshop do have an eg6 halfcut with b16a on full lock lsd tranny which cost around that price too.
here's the thing, they are searching for someone with d series engine to swap in so the final cost can be cut down too.

huhuhu...i remember i bought my eg6 h/cut last time at 8.5k already..lol.... but me is in sarawak la...:banghead:

last time like 2 years ago?
i thought sarawak things all cheap? lol but seriously, they are cheap right?

last time like 2 years ago?
i thought sarawak things all cheap? lol but seriously, they are cheap right?

no....last time mean bout half year ago....cheap compared to other since it is newer gen eg6 with clean engine, low mileage , water line no rust at all, have abs and tcd that i cant use and , valve cover dont have single scratch ... it is still expensive compare to west malaysia since i keep saw ppl sell eg6 and 9 manual h/cut at 7.5k

my car oem no abs, brake pipes line whole car different from with abs.....tcs depent on abs wheel sensor, no abs = no tcs... can be done if u dump a few k of money to custom all the stuff...

wsukun...Bseries halfcuts are an investment...6 years ago an auto B16a stock standard (no lsd, no TCS, no ABS, no cruise control etc etc) will set u back ~ rm4500...last i checked last year, the same halfcut would cost u around rm 7k. all this is without installation...

B18Cr3 n B16Bs are in a whole other league...5 digit price tag!

minifans...for long term i would say it's worth it. u get good FC when u want it and power when u need it. the B16a is practically bomb proof so it would most proly last longer than the body. but r u willing to spend at least 8k for a conversion? even if yr perceived value of the car increases, your insurance wont be bothered about what engine is inside so if anything happens, u wont be able to recover the expenses spent on the conversion...n the EG is now very hot with car thieves...esp if they know u have a B16a or B18c inside...very dangerous.

Last edited:
save a little bit more money, and go for K20A transplant....it will last u even longer....the B-series has been around for so many years already....even with the "nicest and cleanest" halfcut u can find, the worn out factor of the parts inside will still be there...K20A halfcut on the other hands, are newer...and even in its stock form, it's already perform very good in an EG-chasis...

save a little bit more money, and go for K20A transplant....it will last u even longer....the B-series has been around for so many years already....even with the "nicest and cleanest" halfcut u can find, the worn out factor of the parts inside will still be there...K20A halfcut on the other hands, are newer...and even in its stock form, it's already perform very good in an EG-chasis...

*ehem*

is this a sign of whats coming soon?? hehehhehe

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahampehssssssssssssssssssss

but seriously...if i'm gonna do my first time dohc vtec conversion now, i'll go for K20A terus....heck if i can sell all my engines now, i'll do a K20A into my EG as well.....

but seriously...if i'm gonna do my first time dohc vtec conversion now, i'll go for K20A terus....heck if i can sell all my engines now, i'll do a K20A into my EG as well.....

u aint the only one man... id go that direction too..

mounting aint cheap le..

mountings aint cheap...but i think theres a bigger problem than the price of the mountings... halfcut hahahaha

Halfcut n the hassle of registering the engine....but good news for us who have year 92-93 manufactured EGs...already past 20years so can qualify for antique car category which can make converting to non standard engine easier hehehehe

sifus....got a question. been having continuous knocking for my b16a and since halfcut dizzys cost a bomb nowadays, i plan to change just the coil. there are 2 options. go for "new original Honda" replacement or get an Accel replacement. the ori honda costs around rm125 as advertised in mudah n the accel costs rm260. which would be the better choice? engine is stock standard n many forums say the stock standard ignition system is sufficient till 800+ hp with 30psi boost even. problem is i have no idea if the ori honda ignition coil sold nowadays are even half as good as my current unit. i used a recond unit once and it lasted me less than half a year before it totally died.

antique car category aint that easy to apply... the car basically has to be very similar to wat came out of the factory from what i heard...

if ur having issues with the coil... then i think u should look into MSD external coils...theyre about 4xx including installation n modding ur ori distributor cap iirc. otherwise, get the ori honda coil first and save up for the MSD.

Madman...MSD is kinda overkill for me.

the thing is nowadays its kinda hard to know what is ori honda and what is "ori honda"....anybody can comment on the seller kirie in mudah? ori or "ori"?

overkill??? i dont think so... replacing the coil with a external unit isnt just about performance....but reliability

the external units will be less likely to fail as opposed to the internal units which are very prone to heat and other factors that causes it to fail.... and at RM4xx i think its a pretty good deal then spending money on something cheaper, but will probably have to be done multiple times that down the road, it ends up being more expensive.

with the MSD, ull get more reliability...and consider any performance gains as a free bonus :D

this is something im looking forward to honestly....but currently my distributor is fine and i have to direct my funds towards new tires.

as an alternative, since honda distributors suck... u could look into distributors from other cars... had a friend use a mazda b8 (iirc) distributor on his B20B drag car....however, itll require a standalone...not sure if hondata can support it.. but he was using it with the haltech e6k (this was about 10-13 years ago)...if u already have this sort of standalone, its a mod to consider.

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

oh by the way... if u still wanna get the honda coils...and worry about originality... look into getting it urself at LHS jalan ipoh or Exceptional Autoparts in glenmarie... u can google for them...should be a few posts in the forum about their contact and address

MSD blaster SS coil + used good condition msd 6al + msd plug cable + good plug serve me very well now even with 1.4 bar of boost

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

P/S : provided other parts like ignitor is in good condition

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom