does Tufoil eliminate tappet sound

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Not really... but changing to better quality oils can solve this issue. I'm using Motul 4100 Power 20W/50 for my 4G63 DOHC 16V and the noise went away.

Was using Castrol Magnatec n later upgraded to SLX... same shit. Now only Motul.

However, I also want to know something... what if mix Tufoil with Motul? Any side effects?

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Tufoil Engine Treament

PartyJOE,
No two car engines are alike. Tufoil may eliminate tappet noise in some engines while it may not work in others.You may want to try Tufoil if all other ways of solving the noisy problem fails.

acbc, you are using a thicker oil 20W50 and thicker oils have a better chance of overcoming tappet noise. However, thicker oils are also slower and they often retard engine performance and contribute to higher friction levels. In the worst scenario, you lose some horses just to quieten tappets.Is it worth it ?

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Well... why not? The original engine oil when 4G63 first came out was 20W50. So, all these years (before Motul), I've been using the wrong type of oil for my car...

To prevent build-ups, I will flush the engine every 2 oil change - every 10,000km.

aircooled

Known Member
Jul 9, 2004
acbc, just wana ask....what do you use to flush the engine? Is it those flushing liquid that you see in shops? I would be extra careful using those stuff.

1. I dunno what they are made of, but i would assume some cleansing detergents. By pouring thiose thing inside the engine, it is like washing the vital engine oil away from the bearings, galleries, piston bore and skirt. so, when you flush it out, it seems that the internals are really dirty - just as you see from the flush and old oil mixture coming out from the sump.

2. so when u add fresh oil, those flush detergent will still be there a little and i assume it will contaminate the new oil and also, by that time, your engine internals would have NO OIL coatings. Just like you take a shiny shaft, coat it with oil. clean it with kerosene.

also will the flush damage the internal engine oil seals?

so far, i have never ever flushed my engine due to these reasons lingering in my mind. when i got my car used, my wallet took the pain and change the oil 2-3 times. sort of flushing the engine with engine oil.

Bert

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Muddy Delta
Visit site
Additionally, I was advised not to flush cars with Hydraulic tappets as if the sludge gets stuck in the head, it can cause the valve to jam open n cause damage when the piston hits it.

EVO3gsr

Known Member
Jul 22, 2005
KL
so flush or not is better? :confused:

Bert said:
Additionally, I was advised not to flush cars with Hydraulic tappets as if the sludge gets stuck in the head, it can cause the valve to jam open n cause damage when the piston hits it.

stievorex

Oct 20, 2005
partyJOE said:
im using a mitsubishi twincam engine... as most of us know the hydrolic tappets makes alot of noise...
just 1 2 know if any1 have tried tufoil to solve it...
pls give feed back .... thx:)
Use Q8 F1 for two consecutive oil change,guarantee solve your problem.

toyota03

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Been using Motul with Tufoil ages ago. No prob at all.......My lingam opinion is no engine flush but change ur engine oil and add tufoil every 5000 kms.

2 cents only

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Hhmm... stay away from Castrol RS! This type of oil is unsuitable for 4G63 engines.

VF10

Known Member
Apr 28, 2006
selangor
bro... just wanna ask. i recently use Duckhams engine oil 15-40 and added X1r... the teppet noise suddenly becoming way too loud.. i previously use castrol GTX2 with no X1r and the teppet noise have never been this loud before... please advise guys... should i use Tufoil?

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
When all else fails, you can try Tufoil. From feedbacks received from workshops, tappets can be quiter with use of Tufoil.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I would like to improve on the performance of this car for street usage. Besides swop engine, what else can be done? Im from JB. Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience