DIY - Dismantle TB

nicholas1007

500 RPM
Mar 20, 2006
anyone can tell me satria 1.3 year 2000. after dismantle TB, cleaning then install bak. need to reset ECU??
ppl told me mine is Mitsubishi. wat mitsubishi they meant?? the ECU??
thx.
can anyone tell me??
coz i wan to understand i need or need not before DIY.

jswong

Known Member
Dec 30, 2004
Maybe no need to reset ECU.. for Siemens-VDO, the idling will be high for a few minutes but the ECU will compensate automatically.

Removing the TB carefully won't result in torn gasket, can easily remove, clean, and put back. The TB is aluminum alloy and doesn't rust, so it's actually quite easy to clean will all sorts of solvents. Heck, I've even tried spraying diluted dishwasher and Dynamo at it. Dynamo works damn well!! You can see the black gunk just flowing right off! Then you can just hose the TB clean, wipe it, shake it to rid it of all that water and leave it under the hot sun for a while to ensure it's totally dried.

I've cleaned mine many many times by using water and dishwasher or Dynamo.. no TB damage or problems so far :wavey:

xtorm

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2003
been awhile since i posted here.....:D

since you guys edi dismantle the throttle, take a stick or something like it and attach a sponge at the end, dig the sponge to some solvent and clean the intake manifold as well, your engine will love it, change those gasket (if it old) and put some high temp gum on it too, did mine and love it

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I need help here on throttle body conversion, which i dont know if theres any existed post. so, if theres any post related to this please send me the link.

so, heres my case,

I'm using a 2000 proton satria 1.3 manual
-stock throttle body(reconditioned), unserviceable ISC(idle step controller)
-3rd throttle body in 2 years, and i'm sick of it.

i was thinking of looking for a bigger size throttle body, from the halfcut available.

question:
-does any of these throttle body fits...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience