Digital camera missing after CAR wash

hey_guy

Known Member
Apr 11, 2006
This afternoon my gf and i went to CAR International in Tesco Melaka to collect our newly sign up (under her name) membership card. After that i decided to let them wash my car.

That time I was on the phone, so the guy there asked my gf if we have any valuables in the car, without realising my Canon Digital Ixus 4 inside the arm-rest, she said nothing in the car and signed on the form. So we proceed to shop in Tesco.

After an hour later we went to collect and car and didnt realise anything missing until we reach home and wanted to take out my camera from the arm-rest. I called 1 of the guy there and told him wat happened. He asked us to go there and check. So we drove back there again. I checked their lockers, bags, and even their pockets still couldn't find it, as expected. The guy who vacumn my car said he didnt see any camera in the car. Then we proceed to make a police report.

After the police report has been made, the police ask me to go meet an inspector at Tesco. So i went there and saw 3 inspectors interogating the staff at CAR. But too bad they can't do much to them as we already sign the form and declared no valuable stored in my car.

I'm very sure that i left my camera in the arm-rest because i left it there since Friday thought of taking some pics for work purpose. And i saw it this morning when i put my wallet there this morning when i left from home.

So guys, please becareful when u sign the form in CAR International. The form already signed and nothing was declared. So they can just take anything from your car since you did not declare anything valuables in your car.

Last edited:

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
hey_guy, you need to check careful before you hand over you car key to anyone else, it's a rules of thumb.

You can't blame anyone else except yourself.

The CARs International do request every customer to sign that form, imagine if you were the ower of company, you will need to protect your ass, right?

btw, how's the workmanship for The CARs International in Malacca Tiesco? Good? or Bad? of course you may not have mood to talk about this.

hey_guy

Known Member
Apr 11, 2006
I know i've made a mistake there but still feel soar over it and the trust for them are definately gone, not that their service or products are not good.

workmanship should be ok, didnt really compare as that was my first time there. i usually go other outlets in malacca (mahkota parade and Jusco)

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
like this said meant once u signed the form.....anything and everything inside the car not important?

where can like this......how about those coins in ashtray? dolls? like kangyoon20 said Head Unit Player? maybe boot got something important.....imbi pur pun kasi song lap......lol

as 2zzge said sendiri cuci the best

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
fluffy bro....everything?

include those coins, doll, HU Player, maybe nice mat carpet lol.....tissue box...ambi pur or those minyak wangi for car...

sounds like troublesome la

make your car just empty as brandnew car?

ken12292703

Drives a shopping cart...
Nov 14, 2003
SoMeWhErE
Hello bro,

Wow, have to sign? Now only i know.

If we have amps and woofers? We cannot take it out maa. :_:

2zzge

500 RPM
Aug 2, 2005
kl
i dont believe in give ppl polish for RM200 like that....next day rain gone...rain 2nd time gone RM200

hehehehe...
RM200 full tank 2 times woh......run 2 weeks ...instead of polish RM200 run 3days

hey_guy

Known Member
Apr 11, 2006
kangyoon20 said:
wa brother..sad for u..
but alert for me too..coz i normally send to jusco one
next time i think maybe u nid take note "high-end HU inside" in the sign form too
hehe...
hey bro... wah u rich lar. every time go there u have to pay RM13 rite?

kangyoon20

Over 10,000 RPM!
Apr 1, 2005
Malaysia
www.geocities.com
gohkokeng said:
like this said meant once u signed the form.....anything and everything inside the car not important?

where can like this......how about those coins in ashtray? dolls? like kangyoon20 said Head Unit Player? maybe boot got something important.....imbi pur pun kasi song lap......lol

as 2zzge said sendiri cuci the best
nono its like this
its a form tat let u and the worker there fill up the car details
on their side, they will state ur car got any thing less or body got scratch,
so later the owner won purposely blame them
on ur side, u can tick where inside ur car got anything valueble or not
such as, coins, camera, laptop, umbrella..and many
so if ur car got, u may tick it b4 u sign, means after the wash those thing u tick must still inside the car.
but of course wif common sense if too valueble thing u nid take urself la
me myself will take out cards keys HU panel(incase they wet it!)
and normally i tick coins only inside the car
so far no problem.
if got value thing tat u cant remove such as amp or woofer
of course u even can state there u got XXXbrand amp XXX woofer inside,
so it must be there after u wash........

evo5229

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2005
KL/Kedah/Penang
Good news in Nilai, cempaka....a Malay car wash...is very very good service.....Luar/dalam for waja RM9.....vacumm also....if your screen got any bird shit or things cannot cum out..they will clean for u.....and polish your tyre and dashboard-sum time........i rather wait for 1 month din wash car also just want to go there wash....coz was perfect...but at least 1/2 an hour.......all my fren go there......the only shop that i see so hard working.....cheer

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Goodwood Festival of Speed is just around the corner and some of the finest rides in the world are gearing up to be displayed there or for the Goodwood Hill Climb. The latter always has some of the most exotic cars and some racecars from yesteryear at the starting line, eager to make short work of the hill as they flex their muscles.

One of the more notable entries this year for the hill climb will be...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience