Diffrents between EK9 and EK9 type-R 2door

defuser

Known Member
iam not and civic xpert so i was hoping the sidu's here can gimme a hand. i feel in love with the EK9 the 1st tiem i laid eyes on it. but sadly cant afford her so i opted of a proton satria instead but iam planing to get an EK9. wat the diff between ek9 n the ek9 type-R wat the specs of both ? and wat is the price range of both in malaysia ? plus 2nd hand prizes ? izzit still in production ?

EK9 = type R bro. EK9 = 2 door civic hatch only. not in production anymore. price dono. specs... got to look in the internet bro or u can do search in this forum.

oohh.. so u are saying ek9 2 door doesnt hav a type-R version ? only the 4d has type-R sepcs zit ?

even poton also got type R version, just buy the sticker & paste it on, that's all...

defuser,
go google EK9/Civic Type-R ler...
Civic EK9 IS Civic Type-R..get it?der is NO "regular" EK9...all EK9 is a Type-R...
EK3+6,EK4+5 tatak kila arr...ahhahaha

I think what you're trying to ask is difference between EK4 and EK9.

Quite alot of difference for both car. EK9 is Civic Type R with lots of goodies interior wise and most importantly, the engine is about 15-16 HP more powerful than EK4. Comes only in 2 door hatchback.

As for EK4, if not mistaken its called Civic Vi-RS. Engine is about 168HP. This model comes in 4 door sedan.

EK4 Si in JDM 96 and 99 specs 4 drs
EK4 SiR in JDM 96 and 99 specs 2 drs
EK3 Mi = 1.5 SOHC with CVT 4 and 2 drs i suppose
EK3 ML = 1.5 SOHC with CVT (but lower spec than Mi - no speedometer) 4 and 2 drs i suppose
EK3 Vi = 1.5 SOHC VTEC with CVT 4 and 2 drs i suppose
EK3 Vi-RS = 1.5 SOHC VTEC with CVT out in 99... special edition la. 4 drs

anyway the list of EK and EG has been put online here in ZTH... do a search bro

prodigy said:
I think what you're trying to ask is difference between EK4 and EK9.

Quite alot of difference for both car. EK9 is Civic Type R with lots of goodies interior wise and most importantly, the engine is about 15-16 HP more powerful than EK4. Comes only in 2 door hatchback.

As for EK4, if not mistaken its called Civic Vi-RS. Engine is about 168HP. This model comes in 4 door sedan.
Vi-RS is EK3 1.5cc multimatic and it only produces 130plus HP. It's a 4drs sedan loaded with all the unique goodies except engine and it's only released as FL EK back in 1998 Aug.

vi-rs is local or jdm edition?

for defuser,

ek9 means type-R, the ek 2 door not type-r is not called ek9, it's ek3 or ek4.

okok.. i get it now. thanx alot sifus. how many hp does a ek9 produce ? in the region of 180 ? n how much wud a 2nd hand ek9 coast ?

who r u arr???

xxxx,
woi...u got no better question is it?vi-rs is JDM or local?ahahahahha...wanna kena spank arr???

suduRed,
nice 1...ehhehehhe

defuser,EK9's factory claim is 185ps atc & 145Nm torque(correct me if i'm wrong)....price?original EK9?duno.never bothered 2 know coz i know i can't afford it.actually,never into EK9...DC2R?YES..i RIKE..n now,dun start asking wat's torque arrr??heheheh

defuser said:
okok.. i get it now. thanx alot sifus. how many hp does a ek9 produce ? in the region of 180 ? n how much wud a 2nd hand ek9 coast ?
bro... ek9 very hard 2 find la... u serious wanna play vtec get the b16a
170hp aka vtec besar onli... later upgrade la 2 tap r cam (new RM1700.00
used RM1100-1300) tap r piston (pr donno heheheh) sure hati manyakkk
senangggggggggg..... my 5 sen

hattech,

isnt the EJ9 is actually year 1999 and EK9 is type R JDM? i believe u already know this..hehe

akuma... u said u like DC2R very much, so r u familiar with the dc series? can tell me the differences between DC2 SiR, DC2 SiR-G, DC2 type R '96 n 98' i only got few specs only.

Top Bottom