Convert Drum Brake to Disc Brake???

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Opt-ion

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2006
Gud evening all the Honda sensei...

I want to know if you ever convert your rear drum brakes to EK4 disc brake how many item that we need to change from the stock brakes and chasis from the local EJ???

Are these these Basic we need

- Calipers
- Rotor
- Cables
- ????

and if you change the rear ones, would it be still as stable while you r keeping the stock disc brake in front?

and normally how much is it for 1 set of front and back?

anyone can recomend and where d wurkshop good one

Arigato

zeddd

Known Member
Dec 1, 2005
Hi bros.. i think here is one item you need (plus lotsa money ;) dont worry cos it's a pnp things..
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=53482&highlight=dcloo

my opinion is that you change both front n rear, cos front DOHC VTEC (EK9) is bigger disc n any workshop will do (as it's quite a simple job). I changed mine EG non vtec to EG9, front n rear for RM200 labour.

Better yet upgrade the servo as well.

good luck.

gab1979

Oct 5, 2005
Do u mean to change the rotor and caliper to some better brands like brembo or spoon?

But when u change the disc need to change the lug knukles or not???

CIVIC68

Known Member
Dec 9, 2004
An used Brembo or Spoon can cause a big hole in your pocket, if you're just looking for better stopping power, get a semi or full racing brake pad will do..
If you still insist of converting to 4 disc brake, up grade your brake pump as well since the stock brake pump is design for only front use.

Opt-ion

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2006
my fren wanted to sell his EK rear disc to me,

does this mean my stock lug knukles can't fit?

or I have to change d brake pump or all 4 disc including d front stock? :confused_smile:

zeddd

Known Member
Dec 1, 2005
Whether your friend's disc can fit or not to your existing stock lug knukles, not sure, maybe can ask ur mechanic. but for a peace of mind, disc brake already attached to its own knucle is so much easier to plug in/install n less hassle (reads less workmanship/upah charges).

DarkFibre

Known Member
Oct 6, 2005
CIVIC68 said:
An used Brembo or Spoon can cause a big hole in your pocket, if you're just looking for better stopping power, get a semi or full racing brake pad will do..
If you still insist of converting to 4 disc brake, up grade your brake pump as well since the stock brake pump is design for only front use.

cool banner dude...can u share with me what type of rims u r using?
thanks!

zeddd

Known Member
Dec 1, 2005
Hi Op-tion,
just read in Honda Tuning mag. Dec 2005 issue, you can re-use the standard hub that came with ur drum brake, other than that u need new caliper bracket to hold a new caliper that can fit, and a brake cable as well, meaning it is possible if u have all these item ready. TQ.

CIVIC68

Known Member
Dec 9, 2004
Thanks..
those rims which are in my avatar & signature are from Honda Integra DC5.

DarkFibre said:
cool banner dude...can u share with me what type of rims u r using?
thanks!

Opt-ion

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2006
Orite Thx, coz i tot of getting one whole set of it... thx for saving it for me la...

amdfaisal

4,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Bawah jembatan
CIVIC68 said:
Thanks..
those rims which are in my avatar & signature are from Honda Integra DC5.
Waaa DC5 rims. how much did you pay for those rims... nice... Anyway what did you do to make those rims fit because DC5 rims PCD 114.3 and offset +60

anyway, for those who don't have high budget for rims, the replica DC5 rims can be bought for less than 1k... BSA la... like i used to have heheh

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello people,

I would just like to get some advice. :confused:

I have a HKS Twin Plate Racing Clutch and my bearing are busted.

I need to buy the replacements and I need to know where I can get them and how to get them.

Is it possible for me to get them from the chop shop ?

Thanks in advance sifus, ;)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience