CEL EGR Valve Lift

cad843

Known Member
Mar 23, 2005
Oita Ken
Need help with this ... my Check Engine Light keep continously for about a month ... so today I went for check and the error come out is like this :

"EGR Valve Lift Insufficient Detected"

Should I just change the EGR Valve or try to service it first? Since one foreman told me by doing service might not clean enough inside the valve itself ...

Is it this happened becoz of carbon develop by petrol or dust sucked from open pod air filter ?

TQ

Last edited:

cad843

Known Member
Mar 23, 2005
Oita Ken
Car Model - Honda Odyssey RA6, Year 2002
Engine - F23A (Tiptronic)
Error Code - 12

I had change the EGR Valve yesterday and reset back the error. At the moment, the CEL dissappear but dunno later la. According to the foreman, its was normal for engine with EGR system to have this prob after few years ... but I dunno whether true or not. But after make search through the web, it seems that Honda engine with EGR such as accord and prelude tend to have this prob la

Maybe you can explain more with this ... TQ sifus

Last edited:

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Your mech is right. Because it's a system for exhaust gas recirculation(hence the EGR name) it gets dirty with use, and can be considered a wear and tear item. If on a budget, sometimes it worth a shot to clean, but it's just not 100% anymore, and before you know it, the cel light pops out again. it's less hassle to replace and forget till the next time it requires attention.

skf

Known Member
May 8, 2005
Car Model - Honda Odyssey RA6, Year 2002
Engine - F23A (Tiptronic)
Error Code - 12

I had change the EGR Valve yesterday and reset back the error. At the moment, the CEL dissappear but dunno later la. According to the foreman, its was normal for engine with EGR system to have this prob after few years ... but I dunno whether true or not. But after make search through the web, it seems that Honda engine with EGR such as accord and prelude tend to have this prob la

Maybe you can explain more with this ... TQ sifus
What is the price of egr , coz my h22a also same problem

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
quite good already for the price.. not even worth considering to clean it. Imagine if you clean and it lasts only for 3 months, then you have to go visit workshop again.

Last edited:

cad843

Known Member
Mar 23, 2005
Oita Ken
quite good already for the price.. not even worth considering to clean it. Imagine if you clean and it lasts only for 3 months, then you have to go visit workshop again.
Yeah its correct ... but was informed by the mech that Ody all coming from Jpn including its parts .. so if placed an order takes some times ... install the used one depends on luck ... maybe can last for a days ... a month or a year ... The choice is depends on the owner