Cars 15 years & Above To Be CUT!!!

Ah Pang

Known Member
May 27, 2004
Guys,

Heard something shocking this morning. Apparently the govt is seriously considering to implement a rule whereby cars manufactured 15 years and above, to be cut!! Just like how in Singapore and the rest of the globe. If you decide to keep your car, then it has to go through road worthy testing and a higher roax tax will apply(possibly 4-5 times more).

Owners of the said vehicles would be compensated with mere few thousand ringgit as part of 'wrecking your car'.

This move is to further discourage the second-hand car market and Malaysia simply has got too many vehicles on the road.

Anyone of you have heard something similar?Please share your views.

react22

Known Member
Feb 7, 2005
em..sound quite interesting..I think the owner for imported car should be compensate with a new AP and allow to import the car without tax cause been pay for the previous car.

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
as good as it looks in paper the idea will never be realised due to the fact that only NOW we are seeing realistic car registrations. Due to tax barriers and shrinking spending power many opt to wait and see or simply drive what they have. Proton should have ventured into export markets much sooner rather than dumping stock into the malaysian market alone.

React22- i agree completely!!

jasonlel

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Johor Bahru
Visit site
So... I guess we left to no choice but to convert our car into track car. :devil_smile:

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
worse come to worse....
Jason is correct :) - Track car...

but i think there will be definitely alot of exceptions.
other than our FC FD, there are more car to be targetted..... those old and dangerous cars that is puffing out black/white smoke more than a lorry and any motor.

the trend that is going on... it's totally not favourable to all malaysians, alot of them can't afford to get a new car.... not even proton.... there will be another trick under the sleeve of government.

we'll see..... track car is our choice :P also pay higher road tax... since our road tax is so cheap :P

13btt

Known Member
May 31, 2004
Sydney, AUS
www.reclub.com.my
Yeh right can't see this happening in the near future...after all it "hurts" the lower income earners and the politicians don't have the balls to implement such a drastic and hardline approach. Just like wawasan 2020 sorry but that won't happen either :shades_smile:

reartyre

Known Member
Mar 18, 2005
13btt said:
Yeh right can't see this happening in the near future...after all it "hurts" the lower income earners and the politicians don't have the balls to implement such a drastic and hardline approach. Just like wawasan 2020 sorry but that won't happen either :shades_smile:
I do agree with the lower income dilemma and the politician would'nt do it because fingers will be pointed at them as i'd say half of the import dealers are owned by them, their wives, sons and daughters and the whole family tree system. Furthermore they are the ones that are basically getting all the big time AP's either original or the "CLON" ones .. hehehehe ... so by having the small time dealers selling old crappy cars unlike the "FD", things would be unnoticeable by few but not by all

As for WAWASAN 2020, personally i think it "COULD" happen because it a matter of time eventhough its a very long time. But to think of it as "WAWASAN = VISION", theres no wrong done as it is just a vision which is as good as having an imagination ... now lets give it a chance

Hopefully no politician will quote this if the wawasan really did'nt happen ... hehehehe

buyah!

OhNooy

Jun 14, 2006
this is really not a wise idea. they never thought of those who get low pay for their job, how they afford new cars even it is just a Kancil? ministers getting richer and richer, coz not only a single source for them to earn, but they never think of those who are poor. so what they expect? their relatives all having Merz or even Ferrari but then all of us, who are driving old schools, who cannot afford a new car, HAVE to chop our cars? NO WAY!!!

ANDY_RESORT

500 RPM
Jan 23, 2005
KL
www.andymervingeorge.com
I tell u guys, the mumbo-jumbo of our gov is the talk of the town lately, from the lower income group to the upper middle groups.

Here's a word of precaution, dont invest in local funds instead start opening offshore accounts where your money will be safer.

Who know's suddenly IMF releases a statement of how the powers-that-be had over-use the national funds and therefore the whole country in sudden debt. What would likely to happen - all our accounts will be freezed and potentially liable to pay their debts... ~

True or not its your own judgement. Its totaly unpredictable at this part of the world. I would say its a time bomb waiting to be detonated..

Give me your views bros.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This morning, one of our members' Satria GTi had been stolen in mutiara damansara area...
the car was parked in the compound of an apartment...

Forumers, please help us keep an eye out for a turbocharged satria with an original GTi outlook and paint (with black front hood and dark rims) which bears the FUZE PROJECT sticker on all windows...

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience