Can 4age put in turbo kit?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
im newbie for this forum.... hope all sifoo here can giv me some tips....
im planning to buy a 4age half cut.. and installed in a seg. so i wonder its tat 4age can support turbo?

is okay,who also start from newbie,if me also like that,i never see the newborn baby can run~just start and learn from zero,if u want wanna play 4age 20v black top bolt one turbo also can,but the piston and ring must change,the 4agze super charge piston and ring nice already,and the engine main bearing dun forget change to race bearing,must have bigger fuel injector and hi flow fuel pump,and the turbo got many option,td05 or td06 or garrett gt 2540 or gt3040 or also nice,if got enuf money can go for stand alone ecu like mircotech,motec haltech ,if want save cost e manage also is nice piggy back, and u must have custom make banana(turbo header) for your engine,external waste gate is deepend on user,if want save cost u cant buy the 4agze super charge half cut and bot the engine,coz the piston already semi forged can no need open engine to bot,cheers

turbo charge beta or supercharge beta in 20v blacktop?
as i know many ppl juz play with n/a or supercharger mostly but a few ppl add in turbo rite?

im newbie for this forum.... hope all sifoo here can giv me some tips....
im planning to buy a 4age half cut.. and installed in a seg. so i wonder its tat 4age can support turbo?

very easy only!
Just bolt on and with small size turbo + low boost (below 0.5 bar) + piggy back = Should not be any big problem!

If want to safety and bigger boost... you need to do internal part already...

is okay,who also start from newbie,if me also like that,i never see the newborn baby can run~just start and learn from zero,if u want wanna play 4age 20v black top bolt one turbo also can,but the piston and ring must change,the 4agze super charge piston and ring nice already,and the engine main bearing dun forget change to race bearing,must have bigger fuel injector and hi flow fuel pump,and the turbo got many option,td05 or td06 or garrett gt 2540 or gt3040 or also nice,if got enuf money can go for stand alone ecu like mircotech,motec haltech ,if want save cost e manage also is nice piggy back, and u must have custom make banana(turbo header) for your engine,external waste gate is deepend on user,if want save cost u cant buy the 4agze super charge half cut and bot the engine,coz the piston already semi forged can no need open engine to bot,cheers

thanks a lot chriss... ur opinion is vr helpfull for me. is it silver top n supercharge 4age is different?
and my fren say put in td28 is tis ok for the engnine?

feel the 4age 1st wif some min mod and if u r not satisfy then can BOT...
not as fast as vtec or vvl....but 4age's got his own feel
wif some mod like trumpet, aftermarket extrctor, LSD gbox, cable plug, exhaust pulley, clutch system upgrade and fine tune i think enuf for the 1st step...
For turbo conversion...i think beter buy 101 4agze halfcut..easier way n can save ur pocket..
just my 2cents....wat ever it is...me oso advice u to find a very good workshop n tuner...or later u sakit kepala heheh

very easy only!
Just bolt on and with small size turbo + low boost (below 0.5 bar) + piggy back = Should not be any big problem!

If want to safety and bigger boost... you need to do internal part already...

True... I prefer low pressure turbo.. Cost effective and quite syok! Haha... Most engines are okay with boost pressure of 0.5 and below. 4A engines including 4AFE will have no problem with this as it is a strong engine. Don't ever go for more without internal mods. I would suggest you get the blacktop instead of the 4AGZE. It's true that 4AGZE is easier to turbo because of the extra strength that it already has. But Blacktop has more advanced head. It has VVT which helps u saves fuel and improves low end torque.

But for the blacktop, you MUST use a metal gasket of at least 1.5 - 2.0mm and an engine head spacer to reduce the compression. the stock compression ratio is 11.5:1 and can already knock even with RON97 fuel if the engine is very old and dirty. So a head spacer is a must. And also be sure to retard the firing timing a little. This one needs experiment to get the perfect timing.

The map sensor can be maintained if boost until 0.4 bar. Here is another place where you can save money. But you need to at least get a piggy back i.e. emange blue. Injectors can use stock, but to get the best performance, it is better to change. Or else, you can use one auxilary injector in the intake manifold and emange blue can support this.

And lastly, if you were to really get the blacktop, get the 5 speed one instead of the 6 speed if you want to turbo. The 6 speed gearbox is geared for rapid frequent shift that make use of engine high rpm power. In turbo engine, you get a lot of torque already at mid rpms. SO shifting that frequent will make you tired. And most importantly, the 6 speed is known to be more fragile. Thus the 5 speed is better to cope with the amount of torque.

don't think too much...:hmmmm:
yesterday somebody post a sale for 4age 20V with Biltz BOT + a lof of goodies...
browse thru the marketplace, hopefully still available...:burnout:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom