CamproCPS FuelConsumption Survey

XlimShady

Known Member
Oct 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Campro 1.6 CPS owners pls help me out here. I would like to know the mileage of your car for one full tank, especially NEO CPS owners. Pls do state weather it's short distance or long distance for more accurate comparison.

Here's the situation. My NeoCPS full tank can only go 200-250km for one full tank. So i would like to know if this is normal for all CPS engines or is it just mine. Haven't got the chance to try long distance yet but will be driving from Perak to Sunway next week.

Your Contributions are highly appreciated. Thanks! :proud:

senbe84

Known Member
Apr 25, 2008
For my gen2 cps with minor mod, for rm50 of ron95 can get me 300km.This is for town driving solely.No highway...

For highway driving, i manage to clock 370km with the same amount of fuel.Pure highway...

yed

Jul 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
neo cps is one of the heaviest car platform in proton production. you can check at the manual.
i myself drive a neo cps, so far rm60 can go around 420-450mileage for this current fuel price, rm1.90 with some mods in town area as far from gombak to shah alam. but in your case full tank can only go that far is ridiculous. whats ur fc reading? mine between 5.8 to 7.1. :banghead:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
If you want to measure fuel consumption more accurately, don't use the dollar value. You better follow these steps:
First you need to tank up until the fuel almost spill out.
Reset your trip meter.
Then drive normally until the empty tank warning lights comes on or at least until 75-80% almost empty on the fuel indicator.
Then refill to the fullest again until almost spill out, and note the volume of fuel that you have just refilled.
Check your trip meter then divide by the fuel volume above, then you get the avg fuel consumption for your car and your driving style.
Repeat the process to get more stats for more averaging.

XlimShady

Known Member
Oct 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
neo cps is one of the heaviest car platform in proton production. you can check at the manual.
i myself drive a neo cps, so far rm60 can go around 420-450mileage for this current fuel price, rm1.90 with some mods in town area as far from gombak to shah alam. but in your case full tank can only go that far is ridiculous. whats ur fc reading? mine between 5.8 to 7.1. :banghead:
Thanks man! Finally another NeoCps driver, appreciate your info. Going to proton later. My salesman said i should talk to the branch manager. They reset my ECU yesterday.... about 40km already 1/4 in fuel gauge gone today. :bawling: Even if u say that i drive like a mad man also still FC id rediculously high. If want rob bank better dun use my car.... run half way no petrol kena cekup police. sangat memalukan. Hahahha!
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
In the shop, actually they should also check your emission with a gas analyzer machine, especially to know your air fuel ratio (lambda), CO, & HC values.

fastclubman

Known Member
Nov 25, 2004
drive a waja cps auto. Full tank i normally fill up to about 55 litres - normally highway runs with very little town driving. If drive sensibly around 120 km/h like that i can touch 600km. if drive at higher speed 160-180 kmh then fuel consumption reduces to about 480-520km.

Measured by the same method mentioned by 6ue5t above. Car totally stock. Current mileage about 90k km.

XlimShady

Known Member
Oct 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Just done checking my car.... after being check by half a dozen mechanics problem still not solved. Problem with mm car is the ECU, but so happen the machine that can fix the problem has been sent for repair =='' So have to wait for the machince to come back.

I'm going down to Subang next week, so the fella said if their machine is not here by then I can go to the Glenmarie service centre to fix my car.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Just done checking my car.... after being check by half a dozen mechanics problem still not solved. Problem with mm car is the ECU, but so happen the machine that can fix the problem has been sent for repair =='' So have to wait for the machince to come back.

I'm going down to Subang next week, so the fella said if their machine is not here by then I can go to the Glenmarie service centre to fix my car.
Do you know what actually they did to your car when they 'check'? Did they explain to you?
Btw you just your car brand new right? If so why not demand a replacement ECU?? That surely should be under the warranty as product defect if like they say the problem is with the ECU.

duck_killer99

Known Member
Mar 29, 2006

bro, strongly/extremely not recommend u to go Glenmarie, u will regret, my personal experience, even wanna change a battery under manufacturing defect also kick u here and there, 1st ask u to go GP (they are authorised seller), then ask u to go Parts Center which veli nearby, and u will feel veli sick of that. if u live around Ipoh, then i strongly/extremely recommend u go station 18, even i working in KV, when the time i'm free, i always go back there and service my car

XlimShady

Known Member
Oct 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
bro, strongly/extremely not recommend u to go Glenmarie, u will regret, my personal experience, even wanna change a battery under manufacturing defect also kick u here and there, 1st ask u to go GP (they are authorised seller), then ask u to go Parts Center which veli nearby, and u will feel veli sick of that. if u live around Ipoh, then i strongly/extremely recommend u go station 18, even i working in KV, when the time i'm free, i always go back there and service my car
I'm indeed near ipoh. I'm from Manjung/Lumut area. Can gimme the address for the Service center pls?

---------- Post added at 03:38 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:34 AM ----------

Do you know what actually they did to your car when they 'check'? Did they explain to you?
Btw you just your car brand new right? If so why not demand a replacement ECU?? That surely should be under the warranty as product defect if like they say the problem is with the ECU.
I was watching them the whole time. They checked the ECU on the computer. Even ask me to test drive with a mechanic after that. Then they told me they cannot fix it yet coz the machince that can fix the prob is in repair.... =='' Very unlucky.... Car problem, their machine also problem. QC big problem....
Thought of asking them to replace ECU too. Thanks for the Suggestion. I will give my salesman a ring. =)

Sep 26, 2010
AOR
For my gen2 cps with minor mod, for rm50 of ron95 can get me 300km.This is for town driving solely.No highway...

For highway driving, i manage to clock 370km with the same amount of fuel.Pure highway...
Same here....

Modified; remove catalytic to install 4-2-1 extractor, remove air filter to install APEXi cone air filter.

dinmsab

Jun 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
CPS overall has terrible fc, although transmission type plays a huge factor. For manual I can get around 380km-400km, reasonable spirited driving (city and town), many cps owners can agree this is the average fc everyone can get. For Auto? I pray for your wallet man.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi
My dad's 1996 wira tappets stating to make noise..again
As previously the adjustment of tappets have been done, i would like to suggest to him to change the whole tappets setting to new items
But i do want to know what comp to buy in order to perform this
if possible,pls include parts no and price range
reply n pm is really appreciated
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience