camber adjustment

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

stamen

Known Member
hi guys,

anyone knows if is there anyway to adjust camber without camber kit/ changing ride height?
my camber is very close to 0 (still in negative), due to winding road here, i'm keen to try slighty more camber like between -1 to -1.5.
and how much camber you guys are running?

:)

What car do you drive?

Cars with McPherson Strut in the front can have the camber adjusted slightly by adjusting one of the two huge bolts (also called the camber bolt) that is holding the knuckle with the strut. If you want more camber you have to get adjustable suspension mount. I'm not sure if there's any that can be used with stock absorber as most come with adjustable suspension. If you're using double wishbones like the old Hondas from the '90s, I guess you have to get an adjustable upper control arm, there's no other way.

At the back, you're using multi-link like those in Wira, Waja or Civic EK/EG, you can add some positive camber by using the 'washer trick'. You can google that up for more info. This is usually done if you've lowered the suspension and having problems with too much negative camber. If you want to add negative camber, you'll have to get camber kit for the rear, no other alternative. If you have torsion beam at the back like myvi or viva, you have to stick with what the manufacturer gave you, that is 0 degrees. Unfortuntely.

By the way, my front camber is -0.55 degree. I have double wishbones in the front, so I had to get adjustable upper arms. Another reason I got them was my upper arm bushings are blown and I think this might be a good time to get the adjustable ones since I planned to install lowering springs at the front. At the rear I'm not really sure, but I think somewhere between -0.50 and -1.00. The rear arms are standard.

As far as I know, for cars with rear multi-link, the rear camber is set more negative than the front to prevent understeer and introduce oversteer so that it's safer to drive (for 'novice' drivers).

Last edited:
it's airtrek. should have mcpherson and multilink.
my current camber is a bit all over the place, and i'd like bit more negative like -0.5 to -1 front and -1 to -1.5 rear.
current camber
rear L -1.01 R -0.57, front L -0.27 R -0.11
can't use washer trick since i want to add negative camber.

thanks for your info.. that means rear cant be adjusted, i'll have a look for the front bolt

it's airtrek. should have mcpherson and multilink.
my current camber is a bit all over the place, and i'd like bit more negative like -0.5 to -1 front and -1 to -1.5 rear.
current camber
rear L -1.01 R -0.57, front L -0.27 R -0.11
can't use washer trick since i want to add negative camber.

thanks for your info.. that means rear cant be adjusted, i'll have a look for the front bolt

actually the rear can be adjusted....at the lower arm point and short link already have adjustment offset screw...so any good alignment shop could do it properly.....

alternatively can get the adjustable short link arm...

bros,

i couldn't find anything saying that either front or rear camber can be adjusted.
and for the rear it is even mentioned explicitly that camber can't be adjusted.

attached are the assembly diagram for front and rear suspension and arm.
could you show me where is the adjustment point?

Attachments

• front lower arm.jpg
    front lower arm.jpg
    304.5 KB · Views: 2,887
  • front strut assembly.jpg
    front strut assembly.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 4,392
  • rear control link - upper and lower arm.jpg
    rear control link - upper and lower arm.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 7,976
  • rear shock absorber assembly.jpg
    rear shock absorber assembly.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 1,203
bros,

i couldn't find anything saying that either front or rear camber can be adjusted.
and for the rear it is even mentioned explicitly that camber can't be adjusted.

attached are the assembly diagram for front and rear suspension and arm.
could you show me where is the adjustment point?

i assume for the front part u already understood that the camber screw was used to achieve the desired setting

attachment.php

*screw no.3 in the above picture...but the top screw...not the marked number.3 screw...

for rear link u can see in this picture..item no.1 with screw that have offset washer for adjustment...and there should be another similar screw with offset washer located at lower arm marked no.6 in this picture below

attachment.php

and for alternative in evo3 short link, there was adjustable short link for evo3...not sure for the later evo/trek....(item no.2 in rear assembly picture above)

Top Bottom