Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

buying a used satria - need advise

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

vancapone

i am looking to get a used car as a daily driver. my budget is ~rm12k. currently i am considering a few cars and proton satria is one of them. but first, i need some advise from satria experts. what to look out for when inspecting a satria (any common rust areas/mechanical prob)? next, is it better to get a'95 model or post-'95 models? personally, i prefer the '95 model based on the looks. but is there any reason i should avoid the '95? in terms of engine, which would be a reliable, fuel efficient and has decent power? i plan to get a 1.6. lastly, in terms of pricing, how much would a '95 1.6 satria cost? can i get it below 10k? thanks for your help, any advise is welcome. i like the satria alot, since its a 2-door hatch. however many people are telling me that old satrias are not reliable, problematic, and suffer very bad from rust. so still considering.

i dunno satria, but mostly proton model their prob follow certain year.. if u take satria 95 1.6 i think it's the closest with mitsubishi model which means proton still not 'kacau' or change it... it directly came from japan n they install here at malaysia... but after year 96 proton start 'kacau' oredy, so a lot prob came out mostly year 96 model........i'm using wira 1.6 year 96, the bonet came out bubble a few years back, automatic gbx long time gone oredy change to manual... 1.6 famous prob is automatic prob n throttle body, always 'kong' but depends how careful the owner... i meet my friends using wira 1.6 year 95, still using auto, still stock standard n very comfortable i can say.. even the fuel still ok rm50=250km with current petrol price, n still never overhaul... what a careful owner la.. mine hv change few times...

Last edited:
oh i see. so getting a '95 model is not a bad idea since its a direct mitsu rebadge? thats good to know. another question, where to buy? are dealers trustworthy?

Bro, the safest and most reliable method of purchasing a ride without much mechanical problems is to hire a mechanic and ask him to tag along to check the car when you find the one you are interested in.

It might be costly but it's definitely worth while

A Post Every 5 Minutes

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom