Boost controller for S/C?

LEVIN30

Known Member
Hi!my car is a standard 0.5 bar supercharger,
is it a good idea for me to install a boost controller,increasing the boost,
and further gadgets like safc or fuel regulator?
change of fuel pump?
whuts the max boost that i can safely use?
or any other suggestions?
i'm very confused.......

0.5bar only? suppose to be 0.7bar wat? or 1st gen is 0.5bar 1?
boost controller? never heard SC use boost controller b4 wo....
emm... but if change to oversized pulley to increase boost got la...

bro 7 heaven,i thought to increase boost in sc,u should get a smaller
pulley right???not oversize right???

huh smaller meh?
last time mine SC also use oversized 1 wo.... never heard got smaller size 1 wo....

it's like bicycle sprocket,the smaller,the faster it turn,but the feel is heavy.
the bigger,the slower it turn but lighter.same as underdrive pulley.they come
slightly bigger so ur engine can turn slower but it become lighter.i learn this from
JACKSON usa.they sell up grade pulley for their sc that r slightly smaller then the
oris that come with their sc to boost up the power.correct me if i'm wrong.

yep..

we increased the crank pulley ..
reduced sc pulley oso can .. but won't dare to go into it ler...

its best to increased the crank pulley...

0.5bar only? suppose to be 0.7bar wat? or 1st gen is 0.5bar 1?
boost controller? never heard SC use boost controller b4 wo....
emm... but if change to oversized pulley to increase boost got la...

hi bro 7, got 0.7 bar punya ka?? not very sure!!! bt mine is s/c map sensor frm ae101.. ori is 0.5 only!!!

I'm sort of lost here. For SC the boost is controlled mechanically through pulley size right?

And there is no actuator to control the boost. Hence a boost controller is waste of money to install right?

Unless you install actuator/ blow off valve to a turbo'ed or moded SC then the boost controller is used to lower the new boost levels right?

Sorry ahhh... me newbie... (term from Qiw) hehehe

The bicycle sprocket size and gear ratio method seems close enough. But its more reversed. Lets say at the highest gear you need to pedal 10 rotations to get the wheel to move in 1 rotation. And the lowers gear u need only 2 pedal rotations to get the wheel to move in 1 rotation.

For SC if you use small pulley, the SC would only rotate at a lower or same with engine speed. But if you install a larger pulley, the SC would turn faster. Look ate the core rotation, not the outer rim rotation. Hence boost comes early and u can gain a little more air velocity than stock because of SC operating at higher speed. And then you need to upgrade bearings for higher SC rpms and probably check the SC lubrication more frequently. But i dunno la, i don't have SC engine. shamburke would probably be a better sifoo at this. Me, just paper guy only.

aiks...really meh???r we talking about the pulley at the sc or crank pulley that drive
the sc pulley???i think u guy's talking about the crank while i'm aiming at the sc
pulley....hehehe...

Last edited:
Changing pulley size either at charger or engine would definitely change operating revolutions. But i dunno which one they change la. Then add blow wastegate and boost controller. hahaha. I dunno la.

iszzit really can install a boost controler 2 s/c ?? any sifu can help here??? anyone done it b4??

Boost controller should be linked up to the wastegate i think. SC doesn't have wastegate/ actuator. Thats just me la, hear here and there never been hands on to install the blardy thing. hahaha.

If u wanna built your self a s/c boost controller,buy a small turbo wastegate,weld it to your intake manifold and reroute the air back to before the S/c,and use the turbo boost controller to control the wastegate,expensive and not proven,hehe.

Or simply can use the original s/c air bypass and try to fit boost controller (if it using vacuum hose to operate,then can use boost controller)

hi bro 7, got 0.7 bar punya ka?? not very sure!!! bt mine is s/c map sensor frm ae101.. ori is 0.5 only!!!

huh just 0.5bar?
but last time mine is reading at 0.63bar like that, with the BLITZ DTTX timer, it comes with digital boost meter....

Top Bottom