B6T in Lantis 1.6?

carsial

Known Member
hi guys..i'm plannin to get more horses for my ride..
can a b6T fitted in this car? will it b worth it? can it be a lil underpowered?
thanks..advise will much appreciated!!
thanks again!

ayoo... go for B8T lorr.... ur car is heavy.. need more power lorr..
B6T is good for lighter chasis like mazda clair,laser s, ford KE bla bla..
of cause 1.6 road tax is cheap compare to 1.8 heheh..

Better go for B8T

i will have to agree with flatlander... it's better to get B8T coz it is easier to find replacement parts rather than the B6t. in terms of power, it is much better to carry the weight. besides, the 1/2 cut price between B8 180 and the B6 is not so much different. it is just that u will have to find gbox to match the engine which means extra costs...

haa u see... loque1909 also say like that... hahah.. for lantis there is no prob fitting b8 to ur engine bay mounting all ngam2.. there r alot of xtra space..

u can use back ur lantis knuckle disc caliper and gearbox driveshaf
lantis Gb can handle b8t power in standard mod.. ur clutch is about 8 to 8.5 inch so it will be no prob off slip. lantis 1.6 and 1.8 ratio is the same
u just transplan the engine, wireing, com box.

all b8t knuckle lower arm better throw to the drain lorr ehhe cannot use.
if u try to put it to ur lantis i'll bet ur lantis be like sampan la when u r driving coz it's a 4wd system.. cannot ngam..

Last edited:
oh..
1)how much is b8t now?
2)bpt and bpd? which one u guys prefer?
3)dont huvta change g/box and driveshaft ? can terus drop in the engine and use back the ori 1.6 gbox?
how much is the 1.8 g/box and drvishaft?
4)wud like to kno the estimated cost for the full transplant including labour,approval..thanks guys!

1/2 cut for BP-T is ard 3k to 3.5k while BP-D is ard 5k to 6k if i'm not mistaken... in terms of power of course BP-D. however, it's best to get the 1.8 lantis g/box and that will cost u a bomb. dats where the headache starts coz the gbox is somewhere 1.8k to 2.2k with d/shafts. u can also opt for B6T 2wd gbox ard the same price range. so it's up to ur budget in the end. bout the w'ship and approval, i dun really know as i did mine long time ago. estimation will be ard 8k just for the BP-T conversion and 10k++ for the BP-D.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom