B20-C R? Oversized pistons & Valves? Hondata?

Blowfish

Known Member
May 19, 2005
Sunway/KL
Sifu's from honda forums. Need you guys help since all of you are hybrid honda engine experts.

Ok here's my query. I recently inherited a year 98 EK saloon from my brother who has moved to the States for work commitments. The current powerplant in the car is a B18-C R which was transplanted 2 years back. The car is still stock dump the engine and just drive). Before he moved to the states, he actually had some JUN parts that he had bought from the states earlier. Including cams, the neccessary springs & retainers. There's a also a an increased stroke crank, that will give the car a 2 litre displacement. Question is, does it take alot of expertise work to fit in the parts in. I don't intend for some mech to screw the bottom end of the engine. Btw, car before this was maintained by Comat Motorsports.

Now comes the problematic part. He just shipped back some toda 82mm pistons last week. From what i know, the current Jun parts does bump the displacement to 2 litres but the pistons remain the stock size. Now with the bigger pistons, does it means boring the engine that will increase the CC even more? He also shipped back Skunk2 1mm oversized valves. Problem is, on the box it states that oversized valves shouldn't be used with agressive profile cams. Should i go ahead and install them? My brother wants me to finish where he left off.

Also, what EMS would you guys suggest? It's impossible for him to source Hondata because there are too many models for the B18-C. Car still running stock ecu at the moment. I prefer not to spend more than 2k on the EMS. He didn't leave me enough cash is all i can sa . Thanks guys

Last edited:

Blowfish

Known Member
May 19, 2005
Sunway/KL
Btw, all out power is not the objective. I'm just finishing my brother's car for him. Car will stick to running the stock exhaust system and headers. Father in Terengganu will be using the car for commuting.