Anyone interested the Toyota CCT event in Sepang?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

alibaba

Sep 16, 2005
KL
If there is a special track day event (CCT or race) for all the Toyota owners, do u think u will join it? :smile:

AE80TypeD

1,500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Puchong
Visit site
i hope the previous 2 topics are still in the database, i strongly suggest that u click the little link labelled "Search" at the top of the page, below the ZTH main banner. try to search for the phrases "Track Day" or "Private Track Day" or "Private Session" in the search keywords fields. remember to set ur search scope to only search in "Car Makes/Toyota" subforum. this will save u time and return fewer search results.

if u find the forum, u may understand that we have tried this numerous times before, and u may see the problem that prevented us from having any official Toyota track day till now.

If u refuse to do a search and keep asking (at the risk of being flamed for not doing homework first) OR if u dont get what the problems were, here are a few points of hint:

-commitment
-trust
-procrastination
-$$$

oh, the drama. i admit i dont know u and for all i know u could be someone who has a better line/lobang with SIC or some car club. however i should clarify that both previous attempts have been carried out by considerable SIC veterans and friends. as to answer ur question properly, the answer is:

i cant say for sure until i know the details.

that said, welcome to Toyota ZTH. pardon the cold greeting, there are plenty of other members who will throw the confetti for u. me? im just a realist. nothing personal :)

EG9

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Subang Jaya
alibaba said:
If there is a special track day event (CCT or race) for all the Toyota owners, do u think u will join it? :smile:
If you're able to organize it for sure there will be a few participants from Toyota members.
Do you plan for close session track day "race"?
How many participants that you plan to have?
When it's going to be organized?

GT20v

1,500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
weii...weii...give the guys a break lar.......

yeap alibaba.Im in.provided date is ngam.i know a couple more will join :)

alibaba

Sep 16, 2005
KL
From your words, i can feel that the toyota members' 'pattern'. i think i no need to do the searching. Actually i already observed the toyota kaki and compare with other car kaki. From my personal view, i feels that toyota kaki 'kia su', like u said commitment problem, big mouth, lack of motorsport spirit. Let say compare with Honda, there is totally difference. I think $$$ is not the big issue, like last time in batu tiga circuit, honda club can organise the Honda track day and almost more than 40 cars to participate. And now in sepang, they also organised the track day before. They all have the group and racing spirits. For toyota kaki, if u ask them go for Sunday track day, there will say..... oh,my tyres not in good condition, have to change new first..... my absorber oil leaking, my engine got not enough power, my wife or girlfriend not allow me to go track, my car still in workshop..... entrent fees too expensive..... i m outstation.... got this got that........ hundred and thousand of funny reasons. Like last time i asked my fren, one weekend u go to clubbing open 2 chivas, how much is that? but he said track day is too expensive..... last night i 'tiong' people, today i tarik someone gau gau,... when ask him for track day, he just said his car not fast enough . :thumpdown
Toyota people can spend money in ecu, cam, sport rim suspension,6 speeds gearbox....etc, but cant afford to pay a small amount for the track day or race. Why? Therefore, i said the $$$ is not the issue.... They scare be a loser. No first time, where got second time. Driving techniques and experiences is accumulate from real practice. Only theory but no practical is equal to zero.

I know few years MME also got private toyota team, but i dont think got any supporter there but lot of honda supporters. It is shame and disappointed. I think from the SIC side, we got enough cars and give the resonable price, they will welcome us. Why other peoples can but toyota can not...... we have to ask ourselve first. Hope Toyota dont talk loud and do less. Toyota kaki wake up wake up :rock:

AE80TypeD said:
i hope the previous 2 topics are still in the database, i strongly suggest that u click the little link labelled "Search" at the top of the page, below the ZTH main banner. try to search for the phrases "Track Day" or "Private Track Day" or "Private Session" in the search keywords fields. remember to set ur search scope to only search in "Car Makes/Toyota" subforum. this will save u time and return fewer search results.

if u find the forum, u may understand that we have tried this numerous times before, and u may see the problem that prevented us from having any official Toyota track day till now.

If u refuse to do a search and keep asking (at the risk of being flamed for not doing homework first) OR if u dont get what the problems were, here are a few points of hint:

-commitment
-trust
-procrastination
-$$$

oh, the drama. i admit i dont know u and for all i know u could be someone who has a better line/lobang with SIC or some car club. however i should clarify that both previous attempts have been carried out by considerable SIC veterans and friends. as to answer ur question properly, the answer is:

i cant say for sure until i know the details.

that said, welcome to Toyota ZTH. pardon the cold greeting, there are plenty of other members who will throw the confetti for u. me? im just a realist. nothing personal :)

Last edited:

alibaba

Sep 16, 2005
KL
If to organise this kind of event, i think all the toyota kaki should actively to participate. If let say one car is RM200 or RM250 for the private event , Will u think there is too expensive? But sometime will depend on number of cars, may be more cars participate, then it will much cheaper. If we can get 40 to 50 cars, then it will be perfect, and may be seperate to N/a class and turbo class.
EG9 said:
If you're able to organize it for sure there will be a few participants from Toyota members.
Do you plan for close session track day "race"?
How many participants that you plan to have?
When it's going to be organized?

yolk

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
PJ
Visit site
FYI from what i heard honda is being sponsored by honda malaysia ... toyota ?? sponsor from own pocket ??? hahahahah anyway not everyone here mod the car to go track ... i think those who actively go track who is in the forum is only a handfull .. at the most we also only can get 15-20 cars so how on earth to get private track day ?? i already tried and propose so many times ... even ask mk to talk to lotus/proton people to let us join their sat track day ... but some incident happened and mk also "tulan" already ... so nowdays those hardcore people left only to go on sunday open day ... that also less than 5 .... sooooooooooooooo to sum it up .. yes there are less hardcore toyota people than honda ...

AE80TypeD

1,500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Puchong
Visit site
alibaba,
at least its good to know u can see the problem. altho much of your choice of words (not all) are questionably appropriate, u pretty much hit it right on the spot. the single biggest issue we've yet to conquer is the participation spirit and support. whether u mean it or not, i understand that it has to start with the attitude.

of course, to be as fair as i can, (im not defending all toyotarians per se) i'd have to mention that its not necessary to classify all yota kakis that are in here to be NATO. that "loudmouth-lack-of-balls" type would only apply to ppl like me, who cant even save decent money or do part time jobs while struggling with my university degree. and i sincerely agree with u. ppl like me and the general image of toyota owners in here is that they're sometimes too humble. i know how much it irritates u. however, its no fun being too loud or lan si as well, coz i know where that lands me :lol:

u'll have to spare some of us who depend on their toyota both for income and motorsports thrills and cant afford much downtime. rest assured they have the spirit. i wont even start comparing the living standards of most toyotarians vs hondarians, coz u'll burn me to ash for that :D

yes, in the end i'd still have to say you're right. we've got issues here and while it remains to be seen whether your "direct" approach will work, rest assured that all of us here wish that we could commit more (but not really talk less) we maybe overtly humble (or in truth, afraid) but that may not really a bad thing. nevertheless, hope ur message gets thru to all of us. like i said, im a realist. i guess we'll see :)

dreamy

1,000 RPM
Dec 25, 2004
Visit site
wtf men...wtf wif da toyota kaki 'kia su' 'big mouth'
u think u so pro enuff ?
u like this say u ill make ppl feel :mad:
since u soo soooo unlike toyota ... go mix wif hondarian then

AE80TypeD

1,500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Puchong
Visit site
dreamy,
cool down dude, he was just trying to rouse some spirit. get more toyotarians to give less excuses and join more (kena my own face haha). i agree with him but i understand our concerns. there are still very few of us in number who can afford car downtime and repairs IF something goes wrong. learning to ride bicycle sure can fall a few times, whats to say we wont have accident a few times in SIC? we all know the desire is there but some "kemampuan" tarak, what do we do? maybe WE should start thinking of finding ways or working harder to make ourselves hardcore. but its up to individual. he cant stop that. chill. :)

tom's

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
subang
www.zerotohundred.com
alibaba........yolk cakap is true...... less than 20 toyota will turn up only unless you ask 4ag club to join....... but still depends on timing......last track day clashed with SS0....... waiting for next track day in november but i rather join close event.....no trafic jam

MK84

1,500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
www.mk84.com
Like I said before eons ago. Give me at least 30 confirmed cars and I'll get us a private track day slot. At least RM300-400 per car. More cars, less to pay for entry.

Until that day, I couldn't be bothered to organise anything.

EG9

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Subang Jaya
alibaba said:
From your words, i can feel that the toyota members' 'pattern'. i think i no need to do the searching. Actually i already observed the toyota kaki and compare with other car kaki. From my personal view, i feels that toyota kaki 'kia su', like u said commitment problem, big mouth, lack of motorsport spirit. Let say compare with Honda, there is totally difference. I think $$$ is not the big issue, like last time in batu tiga circuit, honda club can organise the Honda track day and almost more than 40 cars to participate. And now in sepang, they also organised the track day before. They all have the group and racing spirits. For toyota kaki, if u ask them go for Sunday track day, there will say..... oh,my tyres not in good condition, have to change new first..... my absorber oil leaking, my engine got not enough power, my wife or girlfriend not allow me to go track, my car still in workshop..... entrent fees too expensive..... i m outstation.... got this got that........ hundred and thousand of funny reasons. Like last time i asked my fren, one weekend u go to clubbing open 2 chivas, how much is that? but he said track day is too expensive..... last night i 'tiong' people, today i tarik someone gau gau,... when ask him for track day, he just said his car not fast enough . :thumpdown
Toyota people can spend money in ecu, cam, sport rim suspension,6 speeds gearbox....etc, but cant afford to pay a small amount for the track day or race. Why? Therefore, i said the $$$ is not the issue.... They scare be a loser. No first time, where got second time. Driving techniques and experiences is accumulate from real practice. Only theory but no practical is equal to zero.

I know few years MME also got private toyota team, but i dont think got any supporter there but lot of honda supporters. It is shame and disappointed. I think from the SIC side, we got enough cars and give the resonable price, they will welcome us. Why other peoples can but toyota can not...... we have to ask ourselve first. Hope Toyota dont talk loud and do less. Toyota kaki wake up wake up :rock:

In order to have MAX fun at the lowest expenses and without much hassle organizing track event that come with cold turn out, SIC open track day is the only choice.
I'll be at every open track day session with a few more track regulars, all of you are welcome to join. We can have fun together as well without a close session.
But if there is close session for Toyota members, for sure I'll be there.
Make sure you're regulars in order to learn how to drive properly in track, and try to get some guide from those more experience driver.

Note: It's not necessary to flame other members because they have a few things that they need to consider before go to track and the most important, don't force members to go if they don't have confident.

Alot of thing that they need to consider before go to track, and alot of thing can happen in track or after track session such as:
1. wear and tear of tyre and brake pad.
2. Fuel
3. track fee
4. If unlucky engine may Kaboom as well
5. if unlucky you may involve in accident which will lead to extra expenses and long down time.
6. bla bla bla bla................

That why I'll never force members to bring in their car to SIC but I'll invite them to go together if they are confident with their car and himself.
Not everyone mod their ga to go to track.

You can join some track regular from toyota members on almost every SIC open track day!!!

cclems

Known Member
Mar 5, 2005
Puchong
us.a1.yahoofs.com
EG9 said:
In order to have MAX fun at the lowest expenses and without much hassle organizing track event that come with cold turn out, SIC open track day is the only choice.
I'll be at every open track day session with a few more track regulars, all of you are welcome to join. We can have fun together as well without a close session.
But if there is close session for Toyota members, for sure I'll be there.
Make sure you're regulars in order to learn how to drive properly in track, and try to get some guide from those more experience driver.

Note: It's not necessary to flame other members because they have a few things that they need to consider before go to track and the most important, don't force members to go if they don't have confident.

Alot of thing that they need to consider before go to track, and alot of thing can happen in track or after track session such as:
1. wear and tear of tyre and brake pad.
2. Fuel
3. track fee
4. If unlucky engine may Kaboom as well
5. if unlucky you may involve in accident which will lead to extra expenses and long down time.
6. bla bla bla bla................

That why I'll never force members to bring in their car to SIC but I'll invite them to go together if they are confident with their car and himself.
Not everyone mod their ga to go to track.

You can join some track regular from toyota members on almost every SIC open track day!!!
let's go racing. u hantam me, i hantam uafter track all go "lim chiu"

Last edited:

ming1705

Banned
Mar 29, 2004
okok...all go sponsor by me......close track day. i pay all to sepang. i think more than 50 cars will join. hahaha! then after track we go karaoke, disco....i sponsor all. i sponsor i sponsor i sponsor i sponsor i sponsor i sponsor i sponsor i sponsor i sponsor i sponsor i sponsor i sponsor i sponsor i sponsor i sponsor ............ let's go alibaba alibaba......baba baba baba nyonya all go. woh oh.........party party.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Got this squeeky sound when starting the engine, the sound goes like this 'ezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz' very sharp noise. What is the problem? :unsure:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience