Aftermarket absorber for AE111

jackylsp

Known Member
Jul 3, 2006
Sungai Petani
Hi

im need some advice from all sifu, what brand of aftermarket absorber good for AE111 corolla ?
i just convert my corolla to 4AGE20v, thinking to further improve the car stability and comfort level during high speed. currently im using stock spring and stock kayaba absorber.

i prefer comfort then performance.

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
Hi

im need some advice from all sifu, what brand of aftermarket absorber good for AE111 corolla ?
i just convert my corolla to 4AGE20v, thinking to further improve the car stability and comfort level during high speed. currently im using stock spring and stock kayaba absorber.

i prefer comfort then performance.

Find the Titan to customize for your need lo...

futeball

Known Member
Jun 2, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.4aeoc.org
Is it Titan comfort enough? with that big shaft like s13. i dun think so. :biggrin:
U must sacrifice comfort if u want stability during high speed. Better go for cusco 02 or tein HA.
Hotbits absorber also can take into consideration.

kennix

Known Member
Jan 29, 2004
Visit site
Yeah, TITAN is not for comfort. Erm...haven't tried their non-adjustable though.

Personally, I'm using their ADJ. But funny thing is, it is otherwise when TITAN is on Double Wishbone suspension system. Have tried the same damper rate and spring rate setting on DC2, it is surprisingly comfortable for ADJ...maybe the difference in Suspension system provide different ride comfort.

I've ride in an Altezza too which I believe it's Double Wishbone all round...it is comfortable too...

Anyway, want comfort, like what futeball said, Cusco or TEIN for ADJ. They are comfortable....

Cheers.

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
Find the Titan to customize for your need lo...
TRD.AE92,

Do u hv TITAN's contact number or address ?
are they still in Pandan Indah etc area ??
I need their address .... to send my TITAN for service as it came with the car
i bought.. want to re-tune it.. :)

Is it Titan comfort enough? with that big shaft like s13. i dun think so. :biggrin:
U must sacrifice comfort if u want stability during high speed. Better go for cusco 02 or tein HA.
Since TITAN is customized aftermarket suspension, u hv the option to ask them to customized
the spring rate and stiffness to your preferences.. unless u get a used set from someone,
then perhaps that set's setting is not suit your preferences. recommended to bring it back to
TITAN to service and maybe re-setup. ... * that is what i plan to do *

Yeah, TITAN is not for comfort. Erm...haven't tried their non-adjustable though.

Personally, I'm using their ADJ. But funny thing is, it is otherwise when TITAN is on Double Wishbone suspension system. Have tried the same damper rate and spring rate setting on DC2, it is surprisingly comfortable for ADJ...maybe the difference in Suspension system provide different ride comfort.

I've ride in an Altezza too which I believe it's Double Wishbone all round...it is comfortable too...

Anyway, want comfort, like what futeball said, Cusco or TEIN for ADJ. They are comfortable....

Cheers.
I've ride on Altezza with TITAN for a few months, to me is comfortable...
yet again, it's how hard your butt can withstand..or rather how
u want to pampered your butt... :biggrin:

kennix

Known Member
Jan 29, 2004
Visit site
Erm...i've re-tune my Titan for about 5-6 times to get the settings i want. But to date, i think it is still not there...but very close...

And During this time, my titan is still under warranty but i jadi paiseh and pay for the last 2 tuning. kekeke...

Well, I would say the titan on Double Wishbone setup is fantastic. As mentioned earlier, I have tried on Altezza and DC2, it is so much comfortable comparing to macpherson setup...and lately, i think titan also change their setup or should i say improve their product.

Way back 4-5 years ago, I ride in an EG, which again double wishbone...i can't believe it is fitted with ADJ Titan...then I went on my fren's AE111 SEG...HARD!!!

Btw, bro wfhan, Titan is still at the same place and you can call Richard's son. Can't remember his name liao but here's the contact: 012 - 3643220.

Cheers.

jackylsp

Known Member
Jul 3, 2006
Sungai Petani
thanks
so far there are 3 choice for aftermarket absorber that provide comfort+performance
1) Titan AD
2) Tien HA
3) Cusco 02
how about price ?

One of my friend also recommend me Titan, But im afraid of tunning cause inconvenience im stay at Sungai Petani. =( .

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
Titan adjustable, you may tell them what spec you want ma! They will fully customize for your need le...

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

TRD.AE92,

Do u hv TITAN's contact number or address ?
are they still in Pandan Indah etc area ??
I need their address .... to send my TITAN for service as it came with the car
i bought.. want to re-tune it.. :)
MPD Auto Centre Sdn Bhd. (507818P)

No.38, Jalan Mewah 3/3, Taman Perindustrian Hata,
Pandan Mewah, 68000 Ampang
Selangor, Malaysia
Tel : +60(3) 4297-9878
Fax : +60(3) 4295-7868

Since TITAN is customized aftermarket suspension, u hv the option to ask them to customized
the spring rate and stiffness to your preferences.. unless u get a used set from someone,
then perhaps that set's setting is not suit your preferences. recommended to bring it back to
TITAN to service and maybe re-setup. ... * that is what i plan to do *

Yeah... you are right...

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
Titan adjustable, you may tell them what spec you want ma! They will fully customize for your need le...

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

MPD Auto Centre Sdn Bhd. (507818P)

No.38, Jalan Mewah 3/3, Taman Perindustrian Hata,
Pandan Mewah, 68000 Ampang
Selangor, Malaysia
Tel : +60(3) 4297-9878
Fax : +60(3) 4295-7868

Yeah... you are right...
Big thank you!!!.. :biggrin:

lkeong88

Known Member
Nov 1, 2009
Cheras
Just a comment on titan, I had it serviced 2 weeks ago, then the workers did not lock the adjustable ring below the coil spring. When I drove from KL to JB last week, the ring came down and cut my tires (my rims offset is 40 making it very near the absorber). It was on rear left side, there goes my Toyo T1R (RM400).

ps: In case you are wondering, I am lin keong

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
lin keong, ur bad lucks seems to not end yet...
lucky ur damage was just ur T1R, imagine the whole thing collapsed down and cause
some thing to jam that wheel while u were moving.. then really siong....

lkeong88

Known Member
Nov 1, 2009
Cheras
Haha my rear wheel did jam, it jammed because my calipers pins (dont know what you call that) were rusted and jammed the left rear wheel, I forcefully dragged it to the workshop, when I reached the tires were gone, flattened. The mechanic and the tire shop guy couldnt believe what happened to the tire lol. Just in case you were wondering, its the rear disc brake assembly that I got from kegani that got a cracked dust cover, I knew it wouldnt last

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
Just a comment on titan, I had it serviced 2 weeks ago, then the workers did not lock the adjustable ring below the coil spring. When I drove from KL to JB last week, the ring came down and cut my tires (my rims offset is 40 making it very near the absorber). It was on rear left side, there goes my Toyo T1R (RM400).

ps: In case you are wondering, I am lin keong
hahaha... Human fault and careless always happened la...
Another story... I myself go to change the tire at tire shop, but unfortunately they forget to lock up 4 nuts (Rear left)! They simply just put the nuts in, but didn't lock it well.

From Selayang back to Kuantan, my car spanned at highway karak... and I come down to look what happen but who know after check and found 1 of my tire and rim was gone... And it was the side way...

But lucky, I go back to that shop... And screw them up, then they do a free repair for my all losses too...

jackylsp

Known Member
Jul 3, 2006
Sungai Petani
i get reply from some shop about the TIEN absorber.. guess what :) the price is ~ RM6K.

btw anyone try with GAB SA series absorber (with original Spring) on AE 111 ?

AE101-Wong

4,000 RPM
Jul 26, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
i get reply from some shop about the TIEN absorber.. guess what :) the price is ~ RM6K.

btw anyone try with GAB SA series absorber (with original Spring) on AE 111 ?
brand new absorber sure will be that price...
if buy used will be around RM2-3k
i'm using tein flex, very comfort but with performance also..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey all,
anyone KNOWNS anyone that can make a 1.3 satria converted to GSR turbo and includes all the fee of installation, jpj settling and everything? i knw it is impossible for it to happen for 1.3-1.8 now. so that's y i am asking, if anyone has done theirs and still manage to get through the jpj inspection and all those, pls inform me......i really need one now.....thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience