After installed evo8 camshaft

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

yung

2,000 RPM
Want to ask all atrker after install evo8 camshaft will vacuum drop ???
Because mine problem is vacuum drop
Dun know is the vacuum leak either after Evo 8 camshaft
Or need to use back Evo 8 camshaft sensor ???

No boost changes after cam upgrade. U better RE check the lines.

No boost changes after cam upgrade. U better RE check the lines.

My boost have change after change the Evo 8 cam shaft
The boost kick in very fast 2 k rpm like that the boost is kick in
And normally my boost is 1bar after change the Evo 8 camshaft be 1.1 -1.2 bar Ady can see more boost

The problem is my vacuum how come will drop ???drop 6-9cmhg

Ah... If u say boost kicks in much faster, that's true. That's also the reason why we upgraded our cams. We want the car to be more responsive and if u notice, the pulling power will not taper off like original cam at 5500 rpm. All these are benefit of the upgrade.

As for vacuum, I did not really notice mine as I only enjoyed the improved in performance so much. Also, u'll see better fc overall too.

My boost have change after change the Evo 8 cam shaft
The boost kick in very fast 2 k rpm like that the boost is kick in
And normally my boost is 1bar after change the Evo 8 camshaft be 1.1 -1.2 bar Ady can see more boost

The problem is my vacuum how come will drop ???drop 6-9cmhg

Vacuum drop due to higher lift of cams, raise the engine idling speed to solve if your engine tends to die off, else dont bother touching it.

check timing.without proper tuning,u got engine wan mati but dowan symptom.

evo8 cams r pnp.no need other parts.normal cam n hi cam diff is from the lobe.hi cams longer abit.
when is turn,it allow more a/f to enter the combustion chamber thus,u have more power.

check timing.without proper tuning,u got engine wan mati but dowan symptom.

evo8 cams r pnp.no need other parts.normal cam n hi cam diff is from the lobe.hi cams longer abit.
when is turn,it allow more a/f to enter the combustion chamber thus,u have more power.

I check back the timing all perfect easy to start and stabil idling also

If you wanted to install Evo cams, make sure you get the valve springs as well from Evos. This is because they have higher tension to prevent 'sticky valve'. On mormal driving from low to mid RPM, you won't see a difference but when on high rev, original Airtrek valve spring is weaker, hence sticky valve.

This is proven on dyno charts said by Ah Wah. Torque and power are erractic with Airtrek springs compared to steady and firm power band with Evo springs on high RPMs.

Top Bottom