6A12TT problem with blow off valve

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

rheaerina

Oct 12, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Sifus,

I am driving a std 6a12tt engine with stainless steel intercooler piping, boost up to 1bar, tulang ikan 6 all open.. Previous w greddy taiwan bov set to very soft but there was sooooo softyy sound..low boost, no sound. Then changed to sheepdog ori used and again.. Low boost no sound max boost sound soft.. I cnt even hear e signature sound of sheepdog "trrrrrrrr:.. Wth? What shud I do? :banghead: :banghead:

rheaerina

Oct 12, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Then hv to cut the flange+bov and redo the base? Ermm..i hv an idea of not using ssqv becoz it is so ordinary.. Thats y try e taiwan greddy.. But ordinary blow sound and not so loud.. Now the sheepdog.. Ermm

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
last time same thing happened to me, was using racing seneka, blitz ss, ori ssqv 1, all no sound, then 1 fine day decided to use taiwan ssqv (dun get so cheap 1) mine is grade A, bought from Drego Imports in suway, check out the marketplace.....bout rm100++ out of no where boosting at 0.6 bar got sound.....0.8 bar even louder....happy wid it till now.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
they dont do installation, i just bought the ssqv2 from them & installed it at ag motorsports...
cos at the same time change my rubber intercooler pipings to SS ones.

my max boost is 1.2bar....not using metal gasket.

rheaerina

Oct 12, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
oh ok.. after few reading+study, 6a12tt turbines can withstand until 1.4 bar of boost but not adviseable.. so if normally ard 1-1.2 bar is still ok? as the sheepdog need at least 1bar boost to operate nicely with the "trrrrr.. trrrr... trrr... ' sound :) so i will boost up to 1bar as before actually at 0.8 bar only.. thats y the sheepdog can not trrr trrr trrr..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey all,

Wonderin' if anyone knows wat i can use to make a replica setup as a turbo timer but with noy turbo as my accord doesnt have turbo nor am i considering to get turbo. Some of you might think this is stupid or dumb idea but people have der own styles.

Cheers
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience