4g93 problem...

sukmavenus

i want to ask all sifu for my car problem...im using putra and my problem is every morning when i start my car there is a wierd sound came out from the engine...sound like 'klek' 'klek' 'klek'....after few minute the sound will dissepear :hmmmm: ...the sound also appear back when i park my car for few hour...
i have ask some friend ,some said the my engine oil pump spoil ,some said use semi syntetic oil can solve the problem....
hope can give me some solution.....:adore:

Or anything u wanna ask abt 4G93, you can post it there, there's a lot of sifu's can help............cheers...

I think it was the 'teppet' sound , it same with my car before, try to use ENEOS semi synthetic engine oil, it will help you...........

the sound came from the lash adjuster @ teppet. the teppet sound will disappear when your engine oil reach the head. try to service the teppet or change it. it will not give you a problem if u dont service or change the teppet but i sure the sound is very annoyying for you. the teppet is same like 4g91, 4g92, gsr turbo and many more mitsubishi DOHC engine. Btw, i driving putra too and i had the problem too last year.
ok. good luck...........

i have ask one mechanic yesterday and he suggest to flush my engine to clear the carbon at the teppet and after that use semi oil...does it work/??

just for ur reference and just trying to help

i am using 4g93T.... i use pennzoil 15w-50... change every 5k km... tappet sound can be eliminated.. but.. the sound came back every time when it is near 5k km... means i have to change the oil....

so i stick with penzzoil 15w-50

i tried these oil... eneous molybendenum 15w-40, shell 15-50w semi syn, castrol 15-50w and a few more... and i really love the penzzoil...

just for info

for my past expriance, low vicosity engine oil is more suit mistubishi engine.
10-40 for my Mit engine, so far no have kinda of sound.

just for ur reference and just trying to help

i am using 4g93T.... i use pennzoil 15w-50... change every 5k km... tappet sound can be eliminated.. but.. the sound came back every time when it is near 5k km... means i have to change the oil....

so i stick with penzzoil 15w-50

i tried these oil... eneous molybendenum 15w-40, shell 15-50w semi syn, castrol 15-50w and a few more... and i really love the penzzoil...

just for info

Its seem worth a try...

He is right.. any oil with ranges of 10-40 will help. personnally i'm using 15-40. engine feels a bit heavier, ie tighter but.. quiter with no tappet noise.

use to buy sharlu.. but now.. can't find anymore.. cheap and good. semi sync. now using Q8. slightly more expensive but mineral.

bro,what i mean is lower then 40.if ur using 40,should be alright then.i'm
using 10w-30.this kind of viscosity is not suitable for suffering from teppet
noise.but i love the lightness n fuel economy from this thin oil.if i can afford
to buy 20,i would but those oil cost more then rm300 per bottle.:biggrin:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom