4G92 DOHC MIVEC wHP???

Wajafly

Known Member
Jun 20, 2005
Shah Alam
Hi guys....

Just wondering. For those who owns standard 4G92 MIVEC, what is the standard dyno whp reading? Will it be around B16A?

I just keep my finger cross for my standard to be 140whp. I am currently targetting 170 with some refined mods.

Will the standard MIVEC hit about 150??? Anyone can upload dyno chart?

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
What mitsubishi claim is correct provided u are at Japan that must have a cool whether and use octane 100 petrol like our lastest V-Power petrol..hahahaha...

putra4767

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2004
Visit site
mivec

What mitsubishi claim is correct provided u are at Japan that must have a cool whether and use octane 100 petrol like our lastest V-Power petrol..hahahaha...

Wonder how will a b16a perform in Japan then with the cold weather & fuel ??

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
On paper at the crank its 175hp with higher octane fuel. V-power in Malaysia is not the same as the fuel grade from Japan, it's lower.

Stock mivec might get 140hp if you're really lucky.

spyderslr

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2004
170whp would be optimistic unless u r running a 1.8 block wif some internal mods.....

Cohiba

Known Member
Oct 12, 2006
Vpower is 98ron compared to the normal fuels (97ron)....

saw a Gti the other day on the dyno with a Mivec head...153whp...and it needed some tuning as the air/fuel was all over the place above 5k rpm's..... so i'd guess it could be better....

V8_nutter

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
Vpower is 98ron compared to the normal fuels (97ron)....

saw a Gti the other day on the dyno with a Mivec head...153whp...and it needed some tuning as the air/fuel was all over the place above 5k rpm's..... so i'd guess it could be better....
With fine tuning most probably it will gain another 5 to 8 horse, thats it.

Cohiba

Known Member
Oct 12, 2006
yup yup...so 160whp with a 1.8block..not sure with what mods though..

Wajafly

Known Member
Jun 20, 2005
Shah Alam
Thanks for sharing the info on the whp for standard MIVEC. I still believe VTEC will perform better because the way VTEC kicks in is better (in terms of technology) compared to MIVEC. And just too bad, Honda patented that technology right before release. And other manufacturers have to resort to MIVEC, VTC and VVTI....

By the way, my MIVEC CK4A throttle body could not be resized further from the standard 60mm. Any suggestion on what other throttle body can ngam my MIVEC terbalik??? I target 63mm-70mm....

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
Dude activation has nothing to do with why V-tec is better. Cam profile sizes are one factor and the surrounding parts are another, like light weight durable titanium internal parts on a V-tec. Tuned gearbox ratios. How about the engine weight factor. Honda used an existing B series block and put in a third high cam between the two regular cam profiles so they didn't have to redesign the whole engine, only the head area (And that's just a Layman's way of explaining it). There is so much thought that went into a V-tec engine. The switch mechanism is hardly the reason why its better than a Mivec.

Mivec and VVTI open the same way. VTC is not the same. You're talking about the Nissan Pulsar vzr which uses Neo VVL. Neo VVL is a whole different animal. It changes over intake and exhaust cams at different timings completely. Intake is like 5,500 rpm and exhaust is at 6,500 rpm. If VTC was a person it would be a shadow of man compared to Neo VVL.

In response to what it takes to make a Mivec 1.8 go fast....
A Mivec 1.8 requires a lot of tuning. Pistons sizes have to correct, a full balance or blue print is needed, ecu tuning, higher compression pistons (But not as high as Mivec unless you have done extensive tuning) and not to mention the obvious stuff like intake and exhaust parts. That's just to get around 190hp or more at the crank. The next step is Jun Mivec cams which will blow your engine because Mivec 1.8 can not consistently rev over 8500 rpm before blowing (Too long stroke)

Enlarging your TB
If you enlarge your throttlebody how is your car gonna process the extra air? SAFC? Will you port the inlet manifold? Is your exhaust 2.2 inches? Do you see what i'm getting at? Even a type R DC2 doesn't exceed 64mm if i remember correctly.

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
Thanks for sharing the info on the whp for standard MIVEC. I still believe VTEC will perform better because the way VTEC kicks in is better (in terms of technology) compared to MIVEC. And just too bad, Honda patented that technology right before release. And other manufacturers have to resort to MIVEC, VTC and VVTI....

By the way, my MIVEC CK4A throttle body could not be resized further from the standard 60mm. Any suggestion on what other throttle body can ngam my MIVEC terbalik??? I target 63mm-70mm....
Definitely u can resized your Mivec CK throttle body la...around 63-64mm if i'm not mistaken. I've done mine previously.

To layan stock B16A from 0kmh to topspeed, stock Mivec CK would do better job, compared to to Mivec CA. FYI, stock Mivec CK would do a topspeed of 237kmh @ 73++rpm (on 5th). I've tested mine lancer CK last time with few donno stock or mod ek & eg. This is due to the strong gear ratio on mid-top.

Stock dynoed Mivec CK would do 146-150whp. I did post the dyno reading & graph somewhere inside ZTH dulu2. Donno now still ada lagi or not (since ZTH has been boomed few times already)

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
hi wajafly,

i m using mivec (wira) with some minor mod, share my exp....
1. feel like normal car below 4krpm, good fuel consumption...
2. feel like modded car after 4krpm, fuel meter start moving
3. Only have slight feels of kick in when mivec open, maintain at least 35% of petrol otherwise ll have fuel warning.
4. Open pod filter does make diff, recommended!
5. 2.1" with bullet with exhaust (not straight flow) din lose much power at low rev, good response at high rev.
6. Grounding wire, maybe my engine is old i really have strong feel after i install it.
7. fuel regulator, dun feel anything... but i believe is good to maintain fuel pressure

8. i have been reveived so many criticise when i did my mivec conversion, so i believe you ll have the same journey as me, but so what? thats our own private ride!! for those unknown ppl who might keep on mocking at you, pls ignore them, strongest engine without mod is 4G63, if i have a choice i would go for it but i want my ride legal on road therefore... "MIVEC"!! and the defination of modifying is no money no hp regardless of engine...

9. my current plan is to turbocharge it become a mini evo9 : ), now collecting information and parts, ll maintain 1.6block, coupled wif ball bearing turbine, either gt2835 or 2871 or 3037. natural aspirated wise, mitsu might lose to vtec due to the head design, perhaps the only strength is mitsu engine tougher...

Last edited by a moderator:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi there.....
just got few questions...
I have just tranplant GSR eng into my satria. The problem is I want to know how to register the engine without my mum knowing it (the car is reg under my mum name). Is it possible for me to just go to the finance and ask for the reg card (geran). I heard it is really hard nowadays to take out ur geran and some more mine is a new one (1 year 3 mth). I heard that we must bring our vehicle to PUSPAKOM and JPJ without the car being heavily mod....
And...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience