4agze twincharge set-up

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

jun709

Any one here done DIY twincharger set-up? pros and cons..

pros:
err.... *scratch head*.. hmm.. got boost on both low rpm and high rpm?

cons:
-complicated
-not effecient
-applicable for low boost only
-costly
-engine bay is a mess

seriously, if you can fit in a twin-screw blower it might be better off than using a twincharge setup.

You mean its better to straight turbo compare to twincharger?

i'm no expert, what i say is what i've read over the years on forums regarding 4ages. appearantly twin charge setup won't let you boost too high, and the twincharge kit from HKS in the early days is to let the 4agze have the response of a supercharge engine and the higher end power of the turbocharged engine.

but nowadays turbocharger are getting better and better, especially the ball-bearing turbo, so there isn't much sense in doing a twin charge setup.

however, if you want instant respond and power throughout the rpm range, try find a twin screw supercharger and figure out how to bolt in into the 4agze ^_^

rolla,
i don really agree with wat u state here.... there r no such thg like twin charger can't running high boost.i read in a magz in ausie those angmo running 1.8bar on twincharger and eat imprezza like peanuts... (1.8 consider high boost ah ??)

well,i heard in kch got a twincharger corolla but i heard its fast but nv saw n nv sit on it be4,so i cant comment any of it. the only prob about twincharger is how u gonna tune ur ecu.. n its not as easy like sc or turbo setup.

haahhahahaa.............

dude... as and when u reach certain boost... d s/c will disengage and the t/c's boost will take u to warp speed...

but of coz.. u need a stand alone engine management....and a good knowledagble mech

Volkswagen done it and got an award for it. Nissan done it. Lancia done it and got banned from wrc for it.

SKY999 said:
rolla,
i don really agree with wat u state here.... there r no such thg like twin charger can't running high boost.i read in a magz in ausie those angmo running 1.8bar on twincharger and eat imprezza like peanuts... (1.8 consider high boost ah ??)

well,i heard in kch got a twincharger corolla but i heard its fast but nv saw n nv sit on it be4,so i cant comment any of it. the only prob about twincharger is how u gonna tune ur ecu.. n its not as easy like sc or turbo setup.
really? got more source? maybe its time to update my knowledge again :P outdated liau..

yup...... sc boosting on lower rev n turbo boost kick in later... its in an ae101 truneo. with 18' shoes. lots of cutom parts like twin ic, nismo fuel regulator ( dono y choose nismo??) and wolf 3d ecu.....
i read in magz in 2001 but sohai fren lost my magz at last.

rollakid,i think u can ask a member in club4ag forum, he is running on twincharger as well. if not,u may ask JONG ae80 (u should knw him rite?the 1 with white LE20v) he say his fren got 1 n he sit on it be4. :regular_smile:

Anyone has a pic of a twincharger set-up? How many styles of twincharger set-up's?

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom