4AGE in KE70; speedo & fuel gauge problem

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Guys I got a 4AGE 16V in a KE70 body. Problems;

1. Speedo does not work, according to a mechanic, the KE70 meter isnt compatible with 4age computer box, so no signal going back to the box = high idling. How to fix?

2. Fuel gauge isnt working also, apparently its a KE70 tank but with AE86 float (not sure which fuel pump). Any way to fix this?

Which car/body chasis is your engine, wiring & ecu from? AE86 / AE92 ?
Speedo reading is taken from gearbox bro not from ECU. High idling could be caused by a few reasons, I highly doubt its because of the speedo as its not related.

As long as the pump and float are connected correctly and the signal is sent back to the meter, it should work. Only 2 possible areas of fault ie float faulty / meter faulty. U can try getting a wireman to check these out. Just my 2 cents

Which car/body chasis is your engine, wiring & ecu from? AE86 / AE92 ?
Speedo reading is taken from gearbox bro not from ECU. High idling could be caused by a few reasons, I highly doubt its because of the speedo as its not related.

As long as the pump and float are connected correctly and the signal is sent back to the meter, it should work. Only 2 possible areas of fault ie float faulty / meter faulty. U can try getting a wireman to check these out. Just my 2 cents

According to mechanic, the car is still using KE70 wiring:banghead:. Oh yea, signal taken from gearbox, your right..mechanic said the socket is not the same as the corolla meter so cant plug it in. Is this true?

About the float, mechanic said AE float does not work with KE tank:confused:. I think will check the wiring first la..someone told me his KE had the same problem, but his was caused by bad grounding.

bro, since ure already using 4A from AE86, might as well use a '86 meter panel. My mech has a spare unit, if Ud like I can ask him if he wants to sell. Your better off with this meter panel as all will work according to signals from the 86 4A wiring sockets.

hm...KE70 and AE86 still use speedo cable,you can use back the KE70 speedo cable with AE86 gearbox,that should work.The speed signal is come from the meter to the ECU,but if you use KE meter,then no speed signal come out of it,should be no big problem.

AE fuel tank and KE (GL) meter should work without problem,check your wiring.AE float should have 3 wires,if you KE meter have 2 wires for fuel gauge,it might not work correctly of not work at all.However,check your wiring again.

bro, since ure already using 4A from AE86, might as well use a '86 meter panel. My mech has a spare unit, if Ud like I can ask him if he wants to sell. Your better off with this meter panel as all will work according to signals from the 86 4A wiring sockets.

bro,

if i fix a after market speedmeter for Ke70 with 4AGE engine.....will it function?
and
2nd option is i intend to fix ae86's speedo meter panel...ur mech still wanna sell it?
how much?

any sifu here know how to change speedo cable,mine already kong,need to change a new cable

mine is ke70 using 4AGE engine.....dashboard meter stock ke70, speedo meter not functioning, but my mech changed to a stock meter cable, it connect behind the speedo meter straight to gear box juz below driver seat under the car. it works...very accurate too coz i am using 13inches.

and the fuel gauge can use too...

Bump: mine is ke70 using 4AGE engine.....dashboard meter stock ke70, speedo meter not functioning, but my mech changed to a stock meter cable, it connect behind the speedo meter straight to gear box juz below driver seat under the car. it works...very accurate too coz i am using 13inches.

and the fuel gauge can use too...

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom