4AFE 16V Auto to 4AGE 20V Auto BT

corolla.99

Bro,
I am exploring to see if it is worth it to convert my car to BT.
I am driving 1998 diamond light SEG with 315,000Km on the clock.
The engine is perfect condition ( no oil leak or white smoke) the gearbox is fair condition.
I am going to keep this car for another 3 years. I am worried about other things like
alternator, starter, steering pump & rack, radiator, drive shaft, ECU, engine mounting etc may go wrong due to age and mileage. If I add up probably it will come close to a halfcut price. Half cut most likely to have lower mileage rite especially Auto BT.

Should I change to BT?

1) How much BT auto halfcut cost? Rough Estimate so that I can budget.
a) With Rear disc, Rear absorber, Petrol Tank
b) Lights & Body Part not required.
(More interested in AE111 Corolla GT or AE111 Sprinter GT or AE111G Carib Wagon so that I can use back my dashboard)
2) Do I need to increase the size of exhaust pipe?. I want to keep it standard. Should I use Levin Rear Muffler?.
3) Fuel Consumption for full tank how far can go?.
Keeping in mind I will not mod. Standard ride.
4) How much is Timing belt kit for BT. Need to include in the halfcut cost.

I heard AE111 SEG local model are prone to ECU problem. How much is to replace the ECU.
My car is 12yrs with 315K mileage. Do I need to consider this in my decision whether to change to BT. So far touch wood my ECU has been fine. But never know.

1. auto : 3k-3.5k (depends on condition and bodypart) fyi, different model h/c comes with different prices.
2. daily driving : no need to change anything. use back stock piping from mid to rear. use back your local piping and muffler oso can (save cost).
3. not sure auto's fc. maybe full tank ~400-420km?
4. try to get halfcut above 100k (~110-130km) mileage. those japanese usually changed the belt already. i've seen 3 h/c before above/around 100k (so, u save a bit there).
if it's not changed, i think the BANDO belt is around 100+? not sure cos my belt is still new from h/c.

never heard before local SEG with faulty ECUs after 10 years. i bought my car (AE101) when it's already 15 years old (3rd hand somemore). everything is still working.

You need to change not only the timing belt, you need the full set, tensioner, timing belt and oil seal, cost around rm250

Re: 4AFE 16V Auto to 4AGE 20V 6MT BT

Thanks bro's for your advise...

How about 6MT conversion. I see the halfcut price is around 5-6K depending on
1) Levin or Corolla\Carib
2) With or body part.
3) Overall condition.

I may go for 6MT as it will hold more value next time when I sell the car rite?.
Does 6MT come with factory LSD as standard. How can I tell.?
Does the chassis plate indicate if it has LSD?.

Here is a pic of my old ride. Owned this car for 8 years.

Attachments

• Side2.jpg
    Side2.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 234

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom